Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Wow, look at the Palm Pre. Hardware wise, meh... Software wise, WOW.

I had the 600 mhz patch and I went down to 550 mhz.
    It's stable and I swear, just as fast. My battery life is superb because the Pre uses less voltage when not being used. Since I am a light-medium user, this suits me perfectly and I can last around 20 hours on a single charge.

I added the SE Mirror theme... Looks lovely, sharp, clean, etc.
    I put around 3 or so essential patches. One of them being the "5x4 icons"... makes the Pre look great!

I thought... a year from now. If Palm keeps up with this software and gets some great hardware (sort of like droid with android), WOULD YOU BUY IT?
    I can't live without multitasking, the WebOS way.
    With features like Flash and a Video Recorder on the way... eh?

My wishes with this phone were to just...
    - make it fast and usable (check!)
    - make it mine, and i used patches/tweaks (check!)
    - get a video recorder (in the works... and hopefully palm makes a more official one!)
    - flash (beta announced soon, real thing later on!)

So 2/4 down... other 2 announced.
    I don't know what's so bad. I love this phone and the development community is so dedicated!
    I actually got the extended battery because I'm a super heavy duty user, and I've never looked back. It's great to have the choice of patches or just snap in a new battery.

And for me it's really exciting that WebOS is in its very early stages. that means that there's tons more functionality to come, and Palm is listening to the community and developers, as opposed to some other phone makers.

In spite of it being very early days, (and in spite of some frustrations here and there) I'm loving WebOS too.
    I just bought the pre this weekend at the Shack for 99 and I came on here to rave about WebOS but most of the posts on here are complaints. I love this software. The hardware makes me nervous but man this thing rocks!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just ignore the complaints like I do. This is my first smart phone and it's the perfect choice for me. Multitasking is a big must for me too. I've got a few patches to add features. I'm sure Palm will add those features (text forwarding) in updates and I'll remove the patches. This phone has kept me up-to-date with birthdays and on time for appts. I love it.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    Just ignore the complaints like I do. This is my first smart phone and it's the perfect choice for me. Multitasking is a big must for me too. I've got a few patches to add features. I'm sure Palm will add those features (text forwarding) in updates and I'll remove the patches. This phone has kept me up-to-date with birthdays and on time for appts. I love it.
    lol... Palm already added text forwarding. It's good cause you can forqard, copy, and delete.
    I love webOS too. Came from Instink (name sez it all). Hardware-wise, I'm ok...have dropped it a couple times with no ill effects. I think that if one exercises reasonable care, and exchanges devices when there is a defect or problem, this phone is great.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"