Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i just bought the bose inear headphones and they are awesome but i am a perfectionist and was trying to find out the best conversion for the pre. ive tried m4a and mp3@320k but i wanted to know what is the loudest and best sounding. any help would be awesome.
    no highs, no lows?.....
  3.    #3  
    no it sounds perfect just not loud enough. i have a converter and so far the best was m4a @250vbr but i was hoping that there was a recommendation so i can convert my library.
    AAC 250 VBR should be more than enough quality. You aren't going to get audiophile quality out of in ear headphones usually. Adding a headphone amp might help but then you have extra stuff to carry around.
    A perfectionist would have bought a different brand of 'phones.
    WAV is the highest, lossless format it supports, but you won't hear the difference with those colored headphones and i doubt the Pre's DAC is anything to write home about.
    well the Bose ear buds are not the loudest. A week after i bought them i have them replace for a set of Shure SE310 and the difference was almost day and night not only more loud ,but better quality sound.
    I thought the stock ear buds were OK when I first listened. Then I plugged in my Shure ear buds and what a difference. Plenty loud enough and pretty good audio quality given its a Phone, not a high quality audio device. I hated my 800w because it had no headphone jack and when I built the Radio Shack adapter the quality was terrible and no volume. Needless to say the 800w died a quick death at Sprint. No question Shure is an improvement and not sure you can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    well the Bose ear buds are not the loudest. A week after i bought them i have them replace for a set of Shure SE310 and the difference was almost day and night not only more loud ,but better quality sound.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Use VBR. With lame I've found '--preset standard' to work very nicely as a compromise between audio quality and file size. If you are a windoze user, check out CDEX, which also uses the lame libraries and gives you full control over lame's capabilities.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joselito1976 View Post
    You can't go wrong with Shure. I have the SE530s and they sound incredible, better then anything you can get from Bose. The best thing about the Shures is you don't have to crank the volume because they reduce background noise so well. I have never turned the volume past halfway up when using my Shures because it becomes painfully loud to my ears.
    I've had Shures, Bose, and Klipsch.

the 80 dollar S4 Klipsch buds sounded better than the 300$ Shures. And just, ew...Bose...

Klipsch wins.
  12.    #12  
    ok so i bit the bullet and bought some shures se310 i couldnt afford the 530 but these seem good enough. thanks for all the feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    ok so i bit the bullet and bought some shures se310 i couldnt afford the 530 but these seem good enough. thanks for all the feedback
    ER4P's trump them for accurate sound reproduction in that price range.
    and you still won't be taking advantage of the better IEM's if you're listening to your music in a lossy format and/or through your phone.

the iPhone actually has one of the better DAC's out of all the mobile phones and DAP's.
  14.    #14  
    i cant win can i
    not until you just save yourself $5534043 and get some Klipschs
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    i cant win can i
    you did fine, the ER4's are just better. there's nothing wrong with the Shure's though. The ER4's are legendary in the audiophile circles but because they are SO accurate, some people don't like how they sound because they aren't used to hearing their music how it's supposed to be heard.
    If you're going to be listening to just lossy files, or lossless files converted from lossy (especially through a PMP or MP3 player) then $300 for headphones is kinda ridic, if you ask me.

Totally different if you are in the studio, or atleast ripping CDs or DVD Audio or something ridiculous
    you dont have to pay 300 for a pair of shure SE310 I pay 95$ brand new on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    If you're going to be listening to just lossy files, or lossless files converted from lossy (especially through a PMP or MP3 player) then $300 for headphones is kinda ridic, if you ask me.
    depends on the player.

Totally different if you are in the studio, or atleast ripping CDs or DVD Audio or something ridiculous
    yeah, MP3 isn't the best sounding but it cant be beat for mass storage on the go.

im happy with my FLAC files and Grado's though

oh, and the ER4's are 170 on Amazon. a TOTAL steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    depends on the player.

yeah, MP3 isn't the best sounding but it cant be beat for mass storage on the go.

im happy with my FLAC files and Grado's though

oh, and the ER4's are 170 on Amazon. a TOTAL steal.
    new or used?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast