Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    new or used?
    brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ER4P's trump them for accurate sound reproduction in that price range.
    and you still won't be taking advantage of the better IEM's if you're listening to your music in a lossy format and/or through your phone.

the iPhone actually has one of the better DAC's out of all the mobile phones and DAP's.
    I have a pair of ER4P's and while I will not recommend them for traveling, I will recommend them for staying stationary for periods of time. They sound amazing, as I would consider myself an audiophile and nothing I have ever heard even comes close.
    brand new.
    nice nice...maybe if i hadn't wasted 90 on a pair of shures and didnt love my kilpschs

plus i have ipod touch which has less than stellar sound quality.

tried samsung p3 and cowon s9...meh on compatibility with my music and OS
    nice nice...maybe if i hadn't wasted 90 on a pair of shures and didnt love my kilpschs
    yeah those Klipsch's kinda came outta nowhere and ended up being fantastic.

if it wasn't Christmas time I would get a pair for myself. Im trying to hunt down some Grado 325's or HF2's as a gift.

you don't like the SQ out of the Touch? it's highly recommended. have you tried a Line Out Dock?

i have a Cowon D2 that i loooooooooooooove for FLAC files, but i'll still dust off the ol iPod once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by brenterwin View Post
    I have a pair of ER4P's and while I will not recommend them for traveling, I will recommend them for staying stationary for periods of time. They sound amazing, as I would consider myself an audiophile and nothing I have ever heard even comes close.
    i know, right? the flatness is odd at first, but once you get used to them, they are great.
    yeah those Klipsch's kinda came outta nowhere and ended up being fantastic.

if it wasn't Christmas time I would get a pair for myself. Im trying to hunt down some Grado 325's or HF2's as a gift.

you don't like the SQ out of the Touch? it's highly recommended. have you tried a Line Out Dock?

i have a Cowon D2 that i loooooooooooooove for FLAC files, but i'll still dust off the ol iPod once in a while.
    the touch isnt too bad, i used to use the EQ with crappy headphones, but with the klipsch i don't have to use the EQ, which works out pretty well, actually.

The Cowon S9 seemed cool, but the UI was so confusing, and IICRC didn't play iTunes AAC.

I haven't tried a line out dock but will have to check that out...oh and pick me up some 325's while you're at it
    the touch isnt too bad, i used to use the EQ with crappy headphones, but with the klipsch i don't have to use the EQ, which works out pretty well, actually.

The Cowon S9 seemed cool, but the UI was so confusing, and IICRC didn't play iTunes AAC.

I haven't tried a line out dock but will have to check that out...oh and pick me up some 325's while you're at it
    yeah, they don't support AAC.

if I could find the first pair, let alone two, i'd hook you up!

i lucked out when i got mine for 200 bucks. they were in perfect condition, the guy just didn't like the sound. and i found a pair of 325's local for 340, but their the gold i version and my picky brother wants silver.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Since we seem to have a number of audiophiles on here, I've got a question: are there any decent bluetooth headphones (in terms of sound quality) out there? Or am I embarrassing myself by even asking that question? I've got a set of Motorola bluetooth headphones but they sound like garbage so I only use them for listening to podcasts. Music sounds compressed on them, so maybe the answer is that getting good quality sound is impossible. Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Since we seem to have a number of audiophiles on here, I've got a question: are there any decent bluetooth headphones (in terms of sound quality) out there? Or am I embarrassing myself by even asking that question? I've got a set of Motorola bluetooth headphones but they sound like garbage so I only use them for listening to podcasts. Music sounds compressed on them, so maybe the answer is that getting good quality sound is impossible. Thanks,
    no, not really. it would be nice, for sure, but none of the wireless options are really able to handle serious sound quality yet.

AKG however has just released their attempt at a pair that i'd like to try and Sennheiser has some. speaking very generally though, i would certainly use them for watching movies or while doing chores around the house and that's about it.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Am i the only one who thinks the Pre could do with a volume boost as it is nowhere as loud as the iPhone/Touch
    I've had Shures, Bose, and Klipsch.

the 80 dollar S4 Klipsch buds sounded better than the 300$ Shures. And just, ew...Bose...

Klipsch wins.
    just wanted to chime in that I have the Klipsch Image S4s and I love them!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    just wanted to chime in that I have the Klipsch Image S4s and I love them!
    hear, hear! they are quite amazing.
  13.    #33  
    i just received my shure headphones and all i have to say is thank you guys. they sound amazing
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks the Pre could do with a volume boost as it is nowhere as loud as the iPhone/Touch
    I have to ask, what type of headphones are you using? I'm pretty sure I would do serious hearing damage if I cranked the volume on my Pre if I am using my Shures.
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    i just received my shure headphones and all i have to say is thank you guys. they sound amazing
    yes they do. I love them plus the options of the foam peaces that come with it is amazing all kind of sizes and they sealed pretty good. I flight allot and i even used the headphones as a ear plugs when i am sleeping on the plane.
    no good sennheiser options you guys like?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    no good sennheiser options you guys like?
    IE8's
    For the better wireless sound quality, I use a Sleek Audio W-1 wireless accessory kit connected to my Panasonic RP-HJE900 in-ear headphones. The wireless technology is by Kleer that was designed for CD quality music, whereas Bluetooth is only good for voice. It's great for doing work around the house without having a cord to get caught on anything. It's also comfortable enough to sleep with and the wireless turns off automatically after it senses the music has stopped. The downside is that there is no mic, but I have a Monster iSoniTalk microphone that I will test soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12