View Poll Results: Would you like to have the ability to export your Palm Pre text messages?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 80.00%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Undecided

2 13.33%
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way export or back up text messages from the Palm Pre as there was for the Treo/Centro?
    I would like to export/back it up to my computer, not just to reinstall in case the phone is lost/broken.
    sounds like a great idea, but I havent heard of this feature being available yet.
    The only way I was able to do it was to use the "Copy All" feature in the text thread and paste it in an email. It doesn't save the entire conversation though it saves it in sections depending on where in the thread you are at.

I needed to get an entire thread about 2 months long backed up, so I went to the very top of the thread, did the "Copy all" option and repeated as I scrolled down through the conversation. Once you do that 2 or 3 times, you'll get an idea of how big a chunk of the conversation is being copied.

This is much faster then clicking on each individual text and copying into an email.

I sure hope that Palm will come up with some way of backing up text messages though.