Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I had a serious problem with this where many of my 3D games wouldn't even start and the phone was downright sluggish. So I downloaded the 1.3.5.1 Doctor and did that. It is amazing what a difference that makes!! Apps load significantly faster and I can run sooo many more apps at once than I could before Doctoring. It's awesome!
    Mine has been acting pretty slow lately and anytime that I want to play any of the 3-D games, NFS, Asphalt, etc, I have to reboot the Pre first. Now, I want to run the webOS doc on it, but I don't know if it will erase my stored app data (like saved games, etc.) I've got a Sprint Pre with 1.3.5.1 and from what I heard, it won't erase like my music or pics. Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, I can confirm that.
    Ok so I doctored my Pre last night, and its probably the best thing i've done for it. Like amistak said, it makes a world of a difference! And get this, for some reason, my app data like my saved games, didn't get erased!
    Actually, after my post above, I realized that it can't be preware causing it since many users here are reporting that they have the issue and they have never rooted/modified their devices at all. They just use the stock Palm App catalog. So, scratch that off the list of suspects
    I get this garbage all the fsking time every day with absolutely NOTHING open. Like, sitting in my pocket I get that **** popping up. I'm ready to throw this pos out the window.
    From a non dev standpoint I wonder if there is a way to trigger some sort of garbage collection when the phone is about to throw the too many cards error. So if you try to launch something the patch would check to see memory availability and then if ther eis memory pressure but no cards open it can clean up whatever is stuck. Not sure that makes sense technically but it makes sense to me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moroccomole View Post
    I get this garbage all the fsking time every day with absolutely NOTHING open. Like, sitting in my pocket I get that **** popping up. I'm ready to throw this pos out the window.
    Don't you guys ever read the forums?

Just install JSTop and turn on "Enable Auto GC".

Problem solved.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

Problem solved.
    It does not look like this is in the App Catalog. Is there a reason that Palm has not released this?
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    It does not look like this is in the App Catalog. Is there a reason that Palm has not released this?

Palm periodically tweaks their JavaScript Garbage Collection algorithm. It was supposed to be improved with the 1.4.1 release. There seems to be new memory leaks with the new release.

In the mean time, use JSTop available in Preware.

To install Preware, go here:
    http://install.preware.org/
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē

Problem solved.
    Between this and installing Jasons 'Preset Reset' app, you shouldn't have any problems. Use 'Preset Reset' to automatically reset your Pre once a day (which is a good idea anyway to help eliminate any bugs)

Problem solved.
    tell that to the moms that verizon sold this phone to....
    Ok I get this message from time to time but today was the first time it happened on a business call and I am very irritated. Basically, it dropped the call, I reconnected, and then it dropped the call again of course, and then I had to reboot and go through 5 or so minutes of being unreachable and looking extremely silly and unprofessional.

Palm, you are not the company you once were. You used to be reliable, and now you make cheap toys. This is completely unacceptable for anyone who needs their phone for serious purposes. WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN FIXED YET??? IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR, YOU MORONS!!! Because Palm's management is a bunch of overpaid, bumbling, self-entitled idiots with no sense of urgency, and you can quote me on that. Great, guess I'll go download some hack that makes the phone work properly. RIDICULOUS.
    I just started to have this problem. I can go for maybe 5 minutes until it slows to the point that it reboots.

JSTop does nothing. Running garbage collection from the "Advanced Options in Launcher Menu" patch does nothing.

According too top, from novacom shell, LunaSysMgr, fileindexer and java are using, repsectively, 25, 17 and 13% of my memory.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    800 mhz patch fixes this 9 times out of 10.
    Luckily I have it, otherwise I'd go bonkers with this Sprint pre.
    JSTop and Preset Reset both installed from PreWare. Forums to the rescue once more. Thanks all!
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    tried all of the above

still very aggrevating

i have 800mhz patch

mostly happens to me when i try to open more than one web page!! open new links in new cards always pops up this silly error

maybe we wouldnt have this problem as much if we had the extra memory that comes in the Pre Plus. but we dont. So in 2 weeks EVO here i come!!!
    I installed Preset Reset from preware and set it to restart every day when im asleep. It helps
    Time to get VIRAL
    I have JSTop installed and auto GC enabled. I still get TMC error anytime I try to open a 3d game. Even if I reboot and then open the game, I still get the error 15-20 mins into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I have JSTop installed and auto GC enabled. I still get TMC error anytime I try to open a 3d game. Even if I reboot and then open the game, I still get the error 15-20 mins into the game.
    I have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!! Could this be due to JSTop's auto GC?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast