Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I too have the TMC issue. It seems to be random. Sometimes a few cards open, sometimes 1, sometimes NONE. Also, Google Maps has been "jumpy" over last month or so. It will go white, spin on screen, locate my request, white again...

I can't deal w/ it much more.
    Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread but an older version of the app "Switcheroo" was a known cause of memory leak and the publisher acknowledged this and released a new version correcting this. I was victim to this and the TMC error went away after updating to the latest version...
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    I've had mine for 3 days. I got the message with only one card open. Closed the card then tried to open another one and got the same message. My phone is bone stock, nothing added except the useless Facebook app from the app store. I had been using the Sprint TV service while I was in an EVO-A area. Rebooted the phone and everything fine now. It was very sluggish before the to many card error popped up. I did do the update when I received the phone. I really like the phone more than my BlackBerry and more than my old iPhone. This is a trial run on Sprint to see if I'm gonna like it, and the Pre. Also I'm trying to convince my wife to give up her iPhone to switch to something on Sprint so we can save $50/month on our service bills.
    So far every time I've gotten the error, Google maps was open... Opened just google maps today, and sure enough... Seems google maps may have a hole...
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i usually have this problem of "tmc" when i have tweed open.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I'm glad to see so many other people are also having the same problem.

I get the error when I'm browsing or if I have more than 2-3 apps open. Never had this problem until the last OS update.

Is there any fix or do I need to wait on Palm to resolve the issue?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    I get this message all the time now. What is going on? Sometimes I only have one card open and it says too many cards open. I running out of patience with this phone. There are so many problems and I find myself justifying it because I was one of the morons who went out and bought the phone on day1. The only reason I am sticking with this phone is because of the multi tasking. And now it seems like I can't even do that at times.

is there anything I can do to fix this issue. Anybody else seeing this?
    Ditto - and it's getting tiresome. (well, tiresome it the term I'll use here) ;-)

Come on Palm either get it done, fix these problems, bugs, etc. add the features the homebrew gang has worked-up, or give it up and sell the company, or just get it over with, and declare bankrupcy.

I'm really starting to think the same thing's going to happen to Palm that happened to the Amiga. ;-)

Although, I'm guessing that most around here are far too young to remember the Amiga.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I get this every now and then too. I haven't done a single thing to my phone (rooting, homebrew apps, etc). Its a stock phone with stock everything, and I have maybe like 7 apps installed from the app store. My phone was restarted and everything, and I went to the best buy website, and it gave me a "too many cards" error....I just had one card open, the web browser....
    i just got my first one yesterday. I just restarted phone and all was well.
    i did notice I only had 2 cards open, google maps, brower, and trapster.

Most likely a browser leak, I was using all quite heavy.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I haven't seen anyone else mention this. I posted this on another thread about this issue. I too was getting the dreaded "Too Many Cards" error message after this last update (1.3.1). But no more thanks to Preware, there is a patch that will elimate that and allow you to multitask with ease once more. Fire up Preware and install the "Lower Swap Threshold" patch and your problems will be gone. It's working like a champ for me. Enjoy! Kudos to the guys maintaining this patch!
    I have that patch installed and still get it like crazy, I'm almost positive is the browser cuz it won't happen until I use it
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Ditto - and it's getting tiresome. (well, tiresome it the term I'll use here) ;-)

Come on Palm either get it done, fix these problems, bugs, etc. add the features the homebrew gang has worked-up, or give it up and sell the company, or just get it over with, and declare bankrupcy.

I'm really starting to think the same thing's going to happen to Palm that happened to the Amiga. ;-)

Although, I'm guessing that most around here are far too young to remember the Amiga.

I remember the Amiga -- but then again, I'm OLD!

Seriously, I'm thinking about using the "cancel your contract" loophole when Sprint increases my rates next month and then going to an iPhone. I'm fed up with 1X service here in West Texas and then having to deal with the multiple problems the Pre seems to have. I've been a Palm user since the original models but things are getting ridiculous.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

Tony
    I've had this issue crop up almost everytime I left the browser running overnight. I would wake up and take it off the dock and the phone would be sluggish and not let me open any more apps (one browser card is open). A restart fixes the issue. Now every morning I get a restart in while I take a shower and I see the TMC notification only when I get bored and open 15 or so apps.
    I have the Lower Swap Threshold patch and I still get the "Sorry, Too Many Cards Open", even when I may have only one card open.
    I had "Lower Swap Threshold" installed but get the TMC error daily, even with one or zero cards actually open. Though it does seem to happen during or after heavy usage, which points to a memory leak.

Anyway, removed the patch, did a Luna restart and reinstalled the patch. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps 1.3.5 will fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread but an older version of the app "Switcheroo" was a known cause of memory leak and the publisher acknowledged this and released a new version correcting this. I was victim to this and the TMC error went away after updating to the latest version...
    I still get the error after updating (what's now called) Switcheroo Free to the latest version. I tried disabling it to see if it was causing a memory leak still, but it still acted up. At its worst, I've had it barf up the TMC error when trying to open ONE CARD, meaning when there's NOTHING running and I tried to do ANYTHING with my Pre, I got the error. I had to reboot to get it working and with the abysmal boot time, that sucks.

I wish the whiners would stop crying for video recording when Palm needs to fix this and make the PIM function as well as the Palm III did in 1998. Buy a frigging Flip and STFU about the meaningless junk.
    I get the "too many cards" error fairly often too. Hope that is one of the things fixed with 1.3.5
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I'm getting tired of my pre. I've had the issue for a while now too and palm obviously cocked something up in their last update and haven't even been bothered to address a problem which has been a major selling point in this phone. They could have immediately released a quick fix but haven't. This is why they will fail and go under in the smartphone market. I wish I never bought this poxy piece of **** and waited for something better. Now I'm stuck with it. Bah.
    Quote Originally Posted by atalbert View Post
    I remember the Amiga -- but then again, I'm OLD!

Seriously, I'm thinking about using the "cancel your contract" loophole when Sprint increases my rates next month and then going to an iPhone. I'm fed up with 1X service here in West Texas and then having to deal with the multiple problems the Pre seems to have. I've been a Palm user since the original models but things are getting ridiculous.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

Tony
    tell me about this loophole........
    Pexton,

Not really a "loophole" but a use of the contract terms to our advantage.

This is from the Precentral web site:

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-cus...etf-next-month

Tony