Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    but the pre is really a terrible phone. i love the software and all the capabilities but wow the depressing part of this phone is it gets hot, sometimes when i tap the phone it turns off completely, and the battery life is horrendous. seriously, i take my phone off the charger at around 9 or 10 and it ran out completely at 1 and barely did a few texts, maybe 10 mins of facebook chat, turned the data off and turned wifi on and have dim screen. im sorry im gunna have to say this but this battery life is as bad or worse then the razr for sprint or the blade. even my mogul at the time when i ran everything lasted atleast twice the length of what im getting with the pre
  2. #2  
    the overheating isn't helping your battery life.

    exchange it.
  3. #3  
    something is obviously wrong...maybe its user error...have you even looked or searched for fixes...there are plenty of fixes...there are numerous pre phones working error free...mine is...and im sure plenty of others can 2nd that...have someone check it out...maybe you need to update the prl??? thats what has been running the battery down....so search and read...it helps.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/29/2009 at 09:26 AM.
  4. Fihiro's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    quit crying...something is obviously wrong...maybe its user error...have you even looked or searched for fixes...there are plenty of fixes...there are numerous pre phones working error free...mine is...and im sure plenty of others can 2nd that...have someone check it out...maybe you need to update the prl??? thats what has been running the battery down....so search and read...it helps.
    Can you imagine your post without the first and last two words?

    You'd look 100% more kinder/smarter
    and 70% more like you want to help him.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/29/2009 at 09:26 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    quit crying...something is obviously wrong...maybe its user error...have you even looked or searched for fixes...there are plenty of fixes...there are numerous pre phones working error free...mine is...and im sure plenty of others can 2nd that...have someone check it out...maybe you need to update the prl??? thats what has been running the battery down....so search and read...it helps.
    quit crying? ive been doing wireless sales for 5 years with tech support and know that a PRL update(which already was updated) does nothing to improve battery life. all it does is tell you where theres a roaming tower. dont ever and i mean EVER comment to someone on a public forum telling them its user error without expecting to be in return. it MAYbe user error. someone like me who know alot about all the phones since 2005 is here trying to look for help since the pre is something brand new and has webos, so be more simpathetic.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/29/2009 at 09:13 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Can you imagine your post without the first and last two words?

    You'd look 100% more kinder/smarter
    and 70% more like you want to help him.
    thank fihiro.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/29/2009 at 09:13 AM.
  7. #7  
    on a little lighter note. if your phone is heating up and the battery is dying that fast there is a hardware issue. Im by no means an expert but my phone is heavily modded and also overclocked and i still haven't put my phone on the charger today since 10:00am. its now 130am. thats with all the radios on. i wish you luck
  8. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #8  
    Are you using any homebrew or patches? Have you installed anything recently that could be causing it? It is a standard phone with no tweaking? If it is a standard phone, then you need to take it in and get a replacement. If you are using homebrew, it is probably something that you downloaded that is making the battery hot. I have installed some patches, etc. and my battery does not get hot, warm from when charging on the TS. From the way it sounds, something is draining your battery like it is still running in the background. Start unistalling things one by one and restarting the phone to see if it fixes the issue.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  9. #9  


    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Can you imagine your post without the first and last two words?

    You'd look 100% more kinder/smarter
    and 70% more like you want to help him.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/29/2009 at 09:16 AM.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

    It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
  10. #10  
    there is no question that there is something wrong with the hardware of your phone. I will admit that the pre doesn't have the greatest battery life in the world, but being someone in the business you should at least have a guess as to what is reasonable. You need to go exchange it.

    Also, this is a palm pre forum so if you don't want to get responses like the ones you have gotten you might want to think about being less ridiculous. Try asking for advice or even asking other users about their opinions, rather than simply opening with this phone is terrible. Because that makes you sound like an *****
  11. #11  
    Also the first 2 days of using a new phone the phone gets ridiculously hot when it charges for the first few times and it syncs down all your data as its doing a ton of CPU work. Give it a couple of days and things will settle down into a normal 12 hour battery cycle.
  12. #12  
    I'll stay out of this one. Someone may pull out a knife.
  13. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #13  
    It's obvious the OP did not come to get advice, simply to vent. That's ok too. No need to flame. He or she just doesn't like the phone and is trying to project this displeasure. You have 30 days to try out the phone which is plenty of time to figure out if you like it or not. If you waited longer then it's on you. Have a nice day.
  14. #14  
    Please stay on topic. Rude posts or flaming on a thread are not ok, and it does break forum rules.

    OP- A word of advice, if you want help regarding your specific issue, do not respond the way you did.

    I reopened the thread so you could hopefully find answers to your specific issue. If this goes south again, I will delete it.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/29/2009 at 09:39 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  15. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    on a little lighter note. if your phone is heating up and the battery is dying that fast there is a hardware issue. Im by no means an expert but my phone is heavily modded and also overclocked and i still haven't put my phone on the charger today since 10:00am. its now 130am. thats with all the radios on. i wish you luck
    What exactly are you using, patch and overclockingwise
    I would love to have that kind of life from my battery.
    5 weeks old with smartreflex500 and it doesn't last very long
  16. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #16  
    The smartreflex 600 saves A LOT OF BATTERY.
    With mild-medium use I've lasted 20 hours. However, the 600 is gone (too unstable) so 500 will have to do.

    My phone is a TOTALLY different phone after I did smartreflex, patched it up (only 3 or so patches, but major ones like 5x4 icons), and a nice looking theme.
  17. #17  
    I think if none of these advice helps, you should exchange the phone. What you are experiencing is not normal. I work in a hospital and I have patches of service and no service. Which means either I am roaming, searching for a signal or I have a signal throughout the day. I search the web, check email, download apps, take notes, text and play games throughout my day. I go from 100% battery life at 6 am to between 50 and 70% battery life depending on how much I use it by 3:15 pm when I get off of work. At home, without charging it, my phone will last until 7 pm before it starts warning me at 20% and I can get down to 5% by 10 or 10:30 pm depending on how conservative I am. I have patches, homebrews (including Precorder, Tethering, and Remotewin). I don't message alot, maybe I have no more than 20 text conversations a day. I use my music app around 6 pm for an hour during my workouts. I could probably run it down faster if I talked, text, and surfed more, but I use more than enough for myself. I've had my phone for about 5 months now and this is my second phone. Only problem I really had was the sound not coming on.
  18. #18  
    I was having this same problem last week! I decided to doctor it because my girlfriends pre was two days old and not doing this, her's would last all day! I was a little nervous of losing my data on palm profile like all my contacts. When I finally made the decision to doctor it helped so much! All my contacts, music,and stuff was still there after the doctor! Palm Profile had all my contacts(thank god!). Now I can go a day and a half without charging!(minimal use).Battery monitor say's 4.5% an hour drain now. So I say, Doctor it!
  19. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    quit crying? ive been doing wireless sales for 5 years with tech support and know that a PRL update(which already was updated) does nothing to improve battery life. all it does is tell you where theres a roaming tower. dont ever and i mean EVER comment to someone on a public forum telling them its user error without expecting to be in return. it MAYbe user error. someone like me who know alot about all the phones since 2005 is here trying to look for help since the pre is something brand new and has webos, so be more simpathetic.

    Well to be honest, someone with your "experience" should have some idea in their mind that a phone doing what you describe is probably not the norm. A simple solution would have been to do some searching in these forums to see if your issue is a known issue or just an issue with your phone specifically. Although I do not agree with how the one poster replied to you, I can't say that I am surprised about it. To say the phone in general is terrible but describe the battery as a main problem seems a little misleading don't you?

    That all said, no the battery is not great compared to other devices but yes, your phone specifically sounds like it should be replaced as it is not the norm.
  20. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #20  
    I don't know about you, but my razr and razr2 both lasted days on one charge. Maybe it's the area you are in.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions