Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Sorry guys but I just have to vent!

I'm certain many of you share my sentiments. Especially after the latest update.

First it was the "rocking" of the two halves of the Pre that is progressively getting worse. Making the phone feel cheap.

Then it was the fact that you guys had to write patches and create apps for so many common features that the phone should have already come with out of the box.

Then my Pre starts getting stuck in headphone mode so I can't hear phone calls without using speaker phone. Just went a whole week having to talk in speaker phone mode because I couldn't get it to go back. Plug/unplug, plug/unplug......

Now, the real hum dinger! I update to 1.3.1 because it won't stop reminding/annoying me every time I charge it. So, I do my research and uninstall all of my patches. Start it up, phone runs fine. I decide to reinstall my much loved patches slowly and, on about the third one, the phone locks up on the boot screen. Having been a prudent backer upper I figure I will have to use the Doctor for the first time. That goes smoothly. The phone resets, asks me to log into Palm Profile and...

NOW ALL MY CONTACTS, TASKS, MEMOS, TEXT CONVERSATIONS AND HOMEBREW APPS/SETTINGS ARE GONE!!

There, got it out.

Apparently all my back up info is "lost in a cloud".

At this point I would just migrate to the iPhone if it wasn't going to cost me a fortune in early termination fees plus the extravagant ATT monthly fees.

I loved my Treo 650. Was a real work-horse for years.

The Pre? I'm not so sure..
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    you must not get onto these forums much, because there have been a massive amount of post of people losing contacts using the palm profile. that does suck though.

yet and still, the pre is still one of the best phones out there, if not the best. its a young idea system, it'll get there.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Why does anyone use Palm Profile over Google? I don't get it - using Google to store your contacts and calendar gives you so many other options.
    google owns you !!!! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    google owns you !!!! lol
    I've resisted giving into Google for a long time. After getting the Pre, I decided to give it a try - and I sold my soul to Google - and am using many of their applications. To me, Google *IS* the cloud, and I'm fully integrated into it now, and life is easier.
    im not selling out thanks !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    I've resisted giving into Google for a long time. After getting the Pre, I decided to give it a try - and I sold my soul to Google - and am using many of their applications. To me, Google *IS* the cloud, and I'm fully integrated into it now, and life is easier.
    +1

To me using google this way is no different than the way I used to use outlook. So if you're not using google, you've sold yourself to someone else, tomato, to-mah-to.
    im waiting for a program i like to load on my computer only .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Remember when people were like "What is Google?"
    yeah i do . go figure haha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Be sure to save your contacts in your google account, I won't trust palm with all my contacts again, 250 of my contacts went poof when I had to reset my phone when it froze at the "Enter your Pin" Screen even after I backed up my info. I still use my palm pilot to back up contacts so that won't ever happen again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im waiting for a program i like to load on my computer only .
    That would be ideal. I woudl much prefer to back my phone up to my computer and call it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
    That would be ideal. I woudl much prefer to back my phone up to my computer and call it good.
    someone in here is working on something simple that will do this hopefully it will be out soon
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    my phone got stuck on speakerphone almost 2 weeks ago.
    palm replaced the phone, and in the change over (and change back to the old phone), I lost my data.

i went to a sprint (service) store. they restored my 6 month old data from my treo, and everything is working again. i got a call from palm 2 days ago to talk about the issue. i appreciate the call, but seems both sprint and palm don't know exactly what is happening, or not telling.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    My phone got stuck on the headphone jack too! Went to Sprint got a "new" Pre (with charger/USB cable) and all. I asked for a new phone, not a refurb. I sad to say this is my 4th or 5th Pre. (I'm lossing count). I got the Pre on its release date. The first Pre's task manager app wouldn't notify. My 2nd did the same. The 3rd the two halfs moved all over the place. The 4th was the headphone jack. That phone was solid for a long time. Now I'm on my 5th. I have to say each phone I get is a newer model. And feels better and better. I hope this is my last one! And I'm thankful Sprint hasn't given me a problem. All this being said, I've had many phones, before Pre. None came close to being as good. No phone can do what the Pre can. Lets just hope the device works through the falling apart issues and its poor battery life! And you're right, alot of these patches should have been available with the phone....
    Has anyone ever had there keyboard stop working? It's a good thing I had virtual keyboard or I would really be screwed.
    I sold myself to google too. I'm already using Voice on my phone and I'm just waiting for Wave to be complete. I have a folder for google sites, it's horrible. Gmail, Contants, Calender, Voice, Wave, Reader, Notebook. Just pulling me towards Android... Idk
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daphatkid11212 View Post
    Has anyone ever had there keyboard stop working? It's a good thing I had virtual keyboard or I would really be screwed.
    I forgot about that. Yes, my second Pre's keyboard stopped working. It needs to be replaced!