Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Has there been a fool proof way to remove screen scratches on the palm pre?
    not as of yet. that I know of , but if you find one let me know please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    why didnt you buy a screen protector?

and there are methods for removing scratches from plastic, but im not trying them on my Pre and im not telling what they are.
    Best most fool proof way to get rid of your scratch is to buy a new Pre
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    try an pencil or pen eraser but be very gentile
    You can remove scratches from the Pre's screen, so long as we're talking light scratches that comes with every day wear-and-tear. I don't recommend my technique to everybody as it does take some practice.

Let me preface this by saying that I am a watch collector and that in the watch community, the topic of how to remove scratches from either the watch's metal parts or its crystal is an oft-discussed matter. After years of trial and error, I finally hit on a relatively easy solution that worked wonders for my watch crystals and which I have used on my Pre as well.

Most of my watch crystals are sapphire and incredibly scratch-resistant in the first place (would that the Pre had such a screen, right?) but that doesn't mean they're scratch proof. Every now and then, a scratch appears and since this would irritate the hell out of me, I tested various ways to remove them. By far the best and easiest method was to use a diamond paste (1 and 1/4 micron grit) and simply rub it on with my finger and a drop of water. This worked wonders.

I figured I would use the 1/4 micron on the Pre and lo and behold, most of the light scratches were gone in a minute. It does take some practice to apply the paste in a consistent manner but it does work. Just a quick aside but DO NOT use any diamond paste with a grit larger than 1/4 micron or you will damage the Pre's screen. Don't forget the screen is plastic and diamond paste will easily erode the surface.

I hope this helps and though it may sound daunting at first, it's really not. I do remember reading a while back some guy that posted about how he used car wax to wax and polish his Pre. That made me laugh but the concept is similar.
    ^ Alright you got me interested. I have a few light scratches on the Pre, two of which I can still see when the screen is turned on. Nothing terrible, but I'd like to get rid of them if possible.

So I won't end up with a "cloud" surrounding the scratch after I rub it in?

Where do I get this stuff online? I'm ready to buy some.
    First off, no you shouldn't get a cloud around the scratch unless you're using paste that's the wrong size grit. Google the following and make your choice of where to buy: "diamond paste 1/4 micron". Again though, I recommend you practice on something first just to get the hang of it. If you have an old dumb-phone you don't use anymore, that's an excellent candidate to try on.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    ^ Alright you got me interested. I have a few light scratches on the Pre, two of which I can still see when the screen is turned on. Nothing terrible, but I'd like to get rid of them if possible.

So I won't end up with a "cloud" surrounding the scratch after I rub it in?

Where do I get this stuff online? I'm ready to buy some.
    Give us an update of how it goes please.