Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Anyone else getting a network error message when trying to send a text? I'm able to get them but I cant reply back, I keep getting the network error message. Anyway to work around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RPreH View Post
    Anyone else getting a network error message when trying to send a text? I'm able to get them but I cant reply back, I keep getting the network error message. Anyway to work around this?
    I've had two situations where I can't send/receive text messages. Both are ongoing (for the time being), and one has a temporary workaround. I'm not sure if either apply to you, but I figure I'd describe them.

First, there's a problem recently where roaming text messages aren't passed between Sprint (Uh...Sprint's my carrier) & Verizon. To clarify...that means that if I'm texting from a sprint phone to a roaming sprint phone, the sms message gets dropped enroute, or gets queued then appears hours later. The sender is unaware the messages aren't sent. Also, If I attempt to send from the other direction (the roaming sprint phone to a in-network sprint phone), the roaming phone will get a network error (Could not send message). However, the message would actually be sent (unbeknownst to the sender) and then echoed to the receiver several additional times. This is apparently a known issue that Sprint has opened a ticket on with Verizon.

The second issue has to do with pre-pended codes on phone numbers in your contact list. The SMS service is not capable of stripping pre-pended codes from phone numbers. So, if you had prepended the code *82 in front of the phone number, it gets sent to South Korea instead of your intended recipient (international calling code for Korea starts with 82). The current workaround is to post-pend text characters on the phone number you intend to use as a cell phone number, then creating a duplicate phone number for texting, and keeping that clean of pre and post-pended codes.

Well...I don't think either one really helps you, but in the off chance that you do fall into either of these categories...it might help you troubleshoot.
    if you don't fall into one of there categories then just run the repair utility and see if it fixed the issue on the phone. It is pretty quick and easy .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hey eveyrone,
    I got my text messaging to work. I transferred my phone number from another carrier and apparently they weren't done with their end of the transfer but its all good now, I'm texting like mad right now, hahaha. Thanks for all the help.