webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Palm Profile Creation Failed - 3G and WiFi internet working fine...
Palm Profile Creation Failed - 3G and WiFi internet working fine...

Old 11/28/2009, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Dear All,

I just received my new palm pre, and after several tries with metadoctor, reinstalled a few times (always get a message saying it failed in the end?) but now I was able to get the pre working fine...

3G is working fine here in Vivo operator in Brasil, and wifi is fine also, nonetheless, I'm unable to create a palm profile... it always says it failed and gives me the standard message to contact support if it persists... I have been trying for the past 3 hours or so, i wonder if anyone is having problems?

Could it be a temporary outage?

I tried restoring the firmware a few times, and always exactly the same...

I also tried different e-mail addresses, but no dice... it fails in the very last step, aftr I choose a password reminder...

Any ideas?
thanks
rvn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi tomi, thanks for the reply...

I tried using an undctored 1.3.1 jar, installed fine, obviously couldnt get to the activation because it recognizes my operator, but doesnt have the apn settings correctly, then I reapplied the doctored jar (Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals is the tutorial I used), but still the same exact symtpom...

I am getting a failure to flash in the end, although this could be caused by failed verification because of the doctored image?

This is the output from the console:
Quote:
MountUtils: 6 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active

flushing and closing
-----runCommand
+++++runCommand /bin/mkdir
flushing and closing
-----runCommand
+++++runCommand /bin/mount
flushing and closing
-----runCommand
Nov 29, 2009 6:51:24 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
INFO: ROM Verifyer: Starting Check of ROM

Nov 29, 2009 6:52:13 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
INFO: ROM Verifyer: ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json: FAILED

Nov 29, 2009 6:52:13 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
INFO: ROM Verifyer: ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/app/controllers/app-assistant.js: FAILED

Nov 29, 2009 6:52:15 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 1

Nov 29, 2009 6:52:15 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
WARNING: Flash Failure
err -1 "Base ROM Failed Verification"
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :83)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :69)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.runCommand(VerifyRomStage.java:62)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.run(VerifyRomStage.java:40)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:247)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:15 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1259527935832
from /var/folders/nk/nkpuTFjCEh8HSf7ZNa6VoE+++TI/-Tmp-/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog1.log.0
to /var/folders/nk/nkpuTFjCEh8HSf7ZNa6VoE+++TI/-Tmp-/palmInstallerError0.log
from /var/folders/nk/nkpuTFjCEh8HSf7ZNa6VoE+++TI/-Tmp-/PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.2
to /var/folders/nk/nkpuTFjCEh8HSf7ZNa6VoE+++TI/-Tmp-/palmInstallerError1.log
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:17 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
err -1 "Base ROM Failed Verification"
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :83)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :69)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.runCommand(VerifyRomStage.java:62)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.run(VerifyRomStage.java:40)
at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:247)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
INFO: got controller
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
INFO: got devices 1
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
INFO: device runner done
Nov 29, 2009 6:52:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
Old 11/30/2009, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

I finally did another doctoring on a aws ec2 virtual machine, and at least it now does the restore all the way without error, but still giving me problem with the profile creation...

Could someone maybe create an online profile for me? if youre willing it help let me know (is it possible to create a profile and then "sign out of it" or something?)
Old 12/02/2009, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry for the bump... I finally got it to work...

Downloaded webos from palm.com (undoctored)
Restored webos with the official version
On first start (with sim inserted), I saw no 3G or EDGE, anyways, I went to create palm profile, and when it wanted to verify my e-mail address, it failed, giving me an option to edit the APN right there. I did this, and then it went through...

I suspect palm changed something though.... not 100% sure....
Old 12/06/2009, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

What sim did you use? o2 sim? because Im having the same problem as well and I tried to put in the APN settings but nothing worked
Nik12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2009, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nope, i got mine from expansys, and it didnt come with an o2 sim... i used my local VIVO sim...
Old 12/27/2009, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvn84 View Post
Nope, i got mine from expansys, and it didnt come with an o2 sim... i used my local VIVO sim...
Mas quais dados colocou para internet APN ??? Tenho TIM e comprei um Palm pre europeu e não consigo a conexão para sign-in...
rodrigoaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2011, 06:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi rvn84,

I'm facing the same problem with unlocked palm pre bought from amazon uk. Since my carrier (Dialog GSM in Sri Lanka) is not supported by palm I wasn't able to pass profile creation. So I flashed my pre with doctored webOS 1.4.5 & I was able to by pass profile creation & enable WiFi. But still I receiving profile creation issue as u discussed in ur post.

So I'm thinking of re flashing as u did with original webos version. Will u explain me the steps you followed to re flash original webOS.

Thanks in advance.
netbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2011, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

It looks like that there has been some change at Palm. I am having the same problem. If you look at the list of last updated posts, all are related to the same issue. Any idea GFN?
cvendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2011, 06:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbirds View Post
Hi rvn84,

I'm facing the same problem with unlocked palm pre bought from amazon uk. Since my carrier (Dialog GSM in Sri Lanka) is not supported by palm I wasn't able to pass profile creation. So I flashed my pre with doctored webOS 1.4.5 & I was able to by pass profile creation & enable WiFi. But still I receiving profile creation issue as u discussed in ur post.

So I'm thinking of re flashing as u did with original webos version. Will u explain me the steps you followed to re flash original webOS.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Every one. Any answer about this ?
Old 05/23/2011, 06:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks GFN,

I did edit pre's DB & added my carrier details & APN details successfully. Now I have 3G enabled & its working perfectly :-) but still I cannot finish Palm profile creation. It always failed at the end. I tried this with 3G as well as WiFi.

Thanks.
Old 11/14/2012, 08:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

I have just got an 02 pre off ebay. I put in a giffgaff sim card which is on 02 reset the APN settings to giffgaffs, it has a 3g connection but whenever I try to create the palm profile it fails and says there is a low network coverage or settings need to be entered manually (which they have) even with full 3g bars.

The phone is a UK 02 and I can't do anything other than these setup screens not even boot into usb or get it to connect correctly on my pc.

Do I need to just unlock the phone?
keefaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

You might try Dogbert's Method (link in my signature) to unlock and see if that defeats the problem...

Otherwise you need: Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0