1.    #1  
    yesterday i tried to install the homebrew apps to my pre, on doing this i think did it wrong and i have now turned my phone into a sprint phone when my phone is on 02 UK . how can i reset it back to its original state. Also i have lost all of my contacts can someone please help me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by keithsykes View Post
    yesterday i tried to install the homebrew apps to my pre, on doing this i think did it wrong and i have now turned my phone into a sprint phone when my phone is on 02 UK . how can i reset it back to its original state. Also i have lost all of my contacts can someone please help me!!
    What exactly did you do?

What exactly was the result (what you see)?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if webOS Doctor works with O2 Pres but if it does that's your best bet. As for your contacts, they should not be lost. If you synced them from somewhere like Google, Yahoo!, etc then they're still there. You'll just have to log back in when the Pre is restored. If the contacts were saved on the phone then they should be backed up via your Palm Profile. That is as long as Palm didn't delete your contacts as they did for others (accidentally).

Good Luck
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Don't get your knickers in a bunch. It's practically impossible to break your Pre.
    You must have gotten the Sprint firmware somewhere. Go back and get the WorldReady version (wr).
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Don't get your knickers in a bunch. It's practically impossible to break your Pre.
    You must have gotten the Sprint firmware somewhere. Go back and get the WorldReady version (wr).
    If it's "practically impossible" then why am I on Pre #4?
    Not because of the firmware, and this thread is about firmware. Whatever you do with your Pre is your business.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Not because of the firmware, and this thread is about firmware. Whatever you do with your Pre is your business.
    Grrrrr I didn't do anything! Lets hope this one continues working.. Carry on with the firmware discussion.
    Yes, let's hope so! But seriously, your first 3 Pres were hardware failures right? I haven't heard of any Pe systematically crashing on sw.
    Yes, let's hope so! But seriously, your first 3 Pres were hardware failures right? I haven't heard of any Pe systematically crashing on sw.
    there have been a couple that crashed after installing the cpu patch and smartreflex patch lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Correct. #1 Headphone jack. #2 Touchscreen failed.. Right when I got it. #3 Touchscreen failed after a few weeks (was touching itself..) #4 So far.. Good.

SmartReflex 600 patch didn't hurt me any. Its gone now though since it was removed from PreWare and I didn't want to take a chance.
    i wish i still had the 600 i uninstalled it to try out the 500 smartreflex and then they deleted everything .if i had only known
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    guys, get a room ;-)
    why do you need it? the room that is?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    woof!