Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Need Help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I down Loaded No app limit patch and now that the 1.3.0 was released I got this can Anyone Help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Did you reinstall it after the 1.3.1 update? It's now included in Preware's Package Management Service. Are you using Preware too?
    I get the same issue.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have the same issue, I can download homebrew thru preware but get the same message that i don't have enough memory. I have the latest package manager and it still doesn't work.....Any other suggestions?
    In order to get around the space limit, sometimes you need more than the Fair Dinkum solution that comes with Preware. Try this method, in addition.
    I ♥ my Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Did you reinstall it after the 1.3.1 update? It's now included in Preware's Package Management Service. Are you using Preware too?
    I did not have it installed before I just had the Preware I was told that that patch was already included in the Preware But when I had that come up I re-installed it and still nothing.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    In order to get around the space limit, sometimes you need more than the Fair Dinkum solution that comes with Preware. Try this method, in addition.
    I checked it out but how do I move the apps ?
    Download Terminal through Preware. Open Terminal and type "mvapp bulkmv" without quotes. It will list each program and ask you if you want to move it, Type "y" without quotes to move, "n" without quotes not to move, and "q" without quotes to quit. If an app can not be moved due to the way it is configured, MvApp will not move it and tell you so, then move on to giving you choices about the next app in the list. It starts from largest to smallest.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Download Terminal through Preware. Open Terminal and type "mvapp bulkmv" without quotes. It will list each program and ask you if you want to move it, Type "y" without quotes to move, "n" without quotes not to move, and "q" without quotes to quit. If an app can not be moved due to the way it is configured, MvApp will not move it and tell you so, then move on to giving you choices about the next app in the list. It starts from largest to smallest.
    Very nice and precise explanation.
  10.    #10  
    How do I go to Open Terminal is that through QI or Pre ? ( Sorry I'm a Nube with this )
  11.    #11  
    I down Loaded patch from Preware under Linux Application said installed but can't fined it in my launch pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    How do I go to Open Terminal is that through QI or Pre ? ( Sorry I'm a Nube with this )
    Select the terminal icon on your Pre.
    I down Loaded patch from Preware under Linux Application said installed but can't fined it in my launch pages.
    There was a second program you needed to also DL in order to use terminal

mvapp
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/01/2009 at 10:46 AM.
  14.    #14  
    There is no Icon on my pre were should it be located ?
  15.    #15  
    whats the second program ?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    There was a second program you needed to also DL in order to use terminal

mvapp
    Thanks I got it going I am doing A luna restart. Will advise as soon as I get it up and going thanks
    Thanks I got it going I am doing A luna restart. Will advise as soon as I get it up and going thanks
    Good deal
    1/ Download Preware through whatever means that suits you.
    2/ Use Preware to download "Terminal". This will actually download two programs: Terminal and its dependency. If asked for permission, allow. There will be an icon for Terminal on one of your your launcher pages.
    3/ Use Preware to download MvApp. Mvapp will NOT show up on any launcher page. You will not see an icon. MvApp is just magically available through Terminal.
    4/ Tap Terminal and you will see a scary black screen. Just starting typing "mvapp bulkmv" without quotes. It will list each program and ask you if you want to move it, Type "y" without quotes to move, "n" without quotes not to move, and "q" without quotes to quit. If an app can not be moved due to the way it is configured, MvApp will not move it and tell you so, then move on to giving you choices about the next app in the list. It starts from largest to smallest.
    I ♥ my Pre.
  19.    #19  
    Worked Like a Charm THANKS.
    mvApp seemed to move a lot of Apps but it also listed Apps I thought I deleted a long time ago. In any case, I still get the message from the App Catalog. Also, mvApp says I have 87MB available yet I can't install a 2MB App.

Suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast