1.    #1  
    I am just curious if anyone is having trouble getting a Pre at your local stores.

Amazon.com seems to have sold out, saying on the Pre page "Usually ships in 3 to 5 weeks".

I thought I was getting one from Amazon, but I guess it will take too long.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I went to Best Buy today and they still had some, enough to where I can get it tomorrow (I was still debating on whether or not to get it, I've made the decision to get it now though!) and that's even after BB selling a ton today, well, at least that's what the employe said to me.
    Yeah looks like it. Best Buy where I live sold out of the Pixi and the Pre, Radioshack had only 1 Pre and 4 Pixi's left by 9:45 AM. Maybe they sold the rest of them by the end of the day.
    My friend tried to get one at best buy today and they were also sold out.
    Sounds like a good sign... either that or Palm gave them very little stock to begin with...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J0415 View Post
    Sounds like a good sign... either that or Palm gave them very little stock to begin with...
    It would be pretty sad if they forgot to stock extra for the big holiday season..
    my local best buy had some left at around 2pm yesterday they didnt say how many they had though
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yeah, we got a few from Best Buy. Didn't seem to be too many left, was fairly popular at it's reduced price.
    well with what they are priced at can you blame them being sold out
    that actually makes me happier, the more units palm can sell the better they can be financially and afford to continue work on what i think is the best mobile os, to refine and bring better things to us!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    that actually makes me happier, the more units palm can sell the better they can be financially and afford to continue work on what i think is the best mobile os, to refine and bring better things to us!!
    Which makes one wonder how Palm could go into the holiday season with a shortage of phones. It's like they don't want to succeed.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah but to be selling more phones at a lesser price is almost the same as fewer at a higher price. It's a wash (for them)....... But at least the more phones they get out there the more support there will be for updates.
    I believe it's been stated that palm makes the same per phone regardless of what the stores sell them at. So selling out is a good thing! They will have more in stock as the holiday shopping season progresses
    Even if they make less per phone at a lower price it means more people will buy apps, which palm gets 30% per sale, it means more people will have a WebOS phone to spread the word to others, it means the WebOS community will grow. It is all good stuff.
    They only get money if the users are able to dl anything because of the app li-
    Ah! got you! I didn't go there
    whts most important is getting webOS into as many hands as possible at this point. They need to increase the install base if they want to get more developers onboard. Even if Palm is making less momey per phone sold, they'd be making positive progress as far as market share goes. They can wait until they release the inevitable "pre2" to have their killer app.
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    Yeah but to be selling more phones at a lesser price is almost the same as fewer at a higher price. It's a wash (for them)....... But at least the more phones they get out there the more support there will be for updates.
    Pres aren't sold at retail - there's a whole subsidy Palm receives for each Pre sold. Trust me - more is better. Is it possible you work in the inventory division of Palm? That might explain their otherwise inexplicable decision to short their distribution system for the holiday season - because "it's a wash."