1.    #1  
    I have an old linksys wireless router. It inly does 802.11b. Using Mobile Speed test the fastest speed I get with my Pre is 321kbps. With my laptops I around 3Mbps, so I know it isn't the router that is slowing me down.

What speed do you get with your Pre and wifi?

Also, I am going to buy a new router (for obvious reasons ;-) ). Any suggestions for a decent router that works well with the Pre?
    i did the 1mb test and got 862 kbps or 1000kb in 9.28 sec./belkin router wireless g router

with the 2 mb test i got 1031kbps or 2000 kb in 15.52 sec. wow thats kool

with my computer off and just the phone i got 3404 with the 3 mb test a little better
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 11/28/2009 at 06:47 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    7mb test 3946kbs Verizon Fios but I believe the speed is greater.
    yeah, i dont think that page is too good/accurate...

now, when i am running this test, it is on an iPhone 3GS and wifi through Verizon Fios

from that website, i ran the 500k and got 930 kbps
    1mb test = 1717 kbps
    3mb test = 3230 kbps
    5mb test = 3353 kbps

but if run my speedtest.net app on my iphone i consistently get

9151 kbps down / 11253 up

This thread interested me because I was wondering if there are limitations with wifi over mobile phones over computers because I will always get avg 10 mbps on my iphone with the speedtest app but the I can always get the rated 20 mbps on a laptop or computer like below.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i did the 1mb test and got 862 kbps or 1000kb in 9.28 sec./belkin router wireless g router

with the 2 mb test i got 1031kbps or 2000 kb in 15.52 sec. wow thats kool
    im sorry but the highest test i see for mobile is the 2 mb test???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im sorry but the highest test i see for mobile is the 2 mb test???
    once you run the 2mb test you should see links for larger file tests. keep running the largest one available and will eventually show you the 7mb... unless the site detects you have wimpy broadband and cannot get that high. lol.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

This thread interested me because I was wondering if there are limitations with wifi over mobile phones over computers because I will always get avg 10 mbps on my iphone with the speedtest app but the I can always get the rated 20 mbps on a laptop or computer like below.
    Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe it has to do with the processing power of the phones... that's what I would imagine.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by phobium View Post
    Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe it has to do with the processing power of the phones... that's what I would imagine.
    Right, that is why I was wondering what others people's speeds were. If there is nothing that can be done to improve it fine(well not really fine, cuz my EVDO speed is faster than my wifi), but just wanted to compare.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    1124Kbps with the 2MB file for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by phobium View Post
    5,749 kbps for me using a Droid on Mobilespeedtest:

Given the similarity of the Pre's and Droid's processors, this result is a significant difference from other results I'm seeing posted here.

My Droid's Speedtest results, using their native (i.e. non browser-based) program is here:

My sig below is is via Verizon.
    on my pre. i have comcast. my speed on comcast is Download Speed: 14390 kbps (1798.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 4033 kbps (504.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    5,749 kbps for me using a Droid on Mobilespeedtest:

Given the similarity of the Pre's and Droid's processors, this result is a significant difference from other results I'm seeing posted here.

My Droid's Speedtest results, using their native (i.e. non browser-based) program is here:

My sig below is is via Verizon.
    that is very good down speed on evdo. congrats
    Mobile Speed test

Am getting about 1.2Mbps over EVDO, up to 2Mbps at times. Can get near 7Mbps on WiFi to cable modem, which caps at 7Mbps.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Pre - EVDO mobilespeedtest.com 738 Kbps (2mb test)
    4434 kbps on 7 mb test, using Time Warner with a Linksys Wireless-G router
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Mobile Speed test

Am getting about 1.2Mbps over EVDO, up to 2Mbps at times. Can get near 7Mbps on WiFi to cable modem, which caps at 7Mbps.
    i dont think it caps, cause my post has 8mbps