1.    #1  
    Granted, with a new OS there are bound to be growing pains but it just seems like this Pre forum is full of problems with either the handset or OS. I am looking to jump into the Pre because the OS is remarkable. But with so many people with so many problems, I am having my doubts.

Are we deluding ourselves in hoping that the majority of these issues can and will be addressed in a timely fashion?

Are we trying to hold on to the hope that Palm will have the balls to push its OS as superior to the present OS's?

Or could the Pre just be that sexy new mistress that you love to devour but not necessarily take home to meet mama?

Just wondering...
    this is the first in a long line of great phones and like always when you first meet you have to work out each others issues so....i believe so its ok to take her home and show mama shes not crazy just getting over her issues
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    There's more negativity over here than on other boards in my opinion. But Palm hasn't helped much over the last few months either, because a) they're a small company and can't keep up, or b) are holding back on big updates for a major release..

Things like the lack of paid apps (or in some cases any apps) in Europe, still no video, beta app catalog point to the can't keep up. But the rumored Need For Speed game could indicate the latter.

WebOS is still a solid OS, but people expect something new on their phone every day nowadays...
    Just lunch and a movie for now. Get this phone home before dark.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    With the amount of time carriers want you to sign up for, you should at least have a phone that will last that period and beyond.
  6.    #6  
    did a bit of research regarding the size of Palm, Inc versus the others and, yes Palm is tiny compared to the rest of the giants.

Palm, Inc: 939 employees
    RIM: 12,800
    Apple: 34,300
    Microsoft: 93,000
    Google: 20.222

Excluding RIM, which priority is the Blackberry phones, the rest have employees who handle other tasks than cell phones.
    What went wrong with Palm? They were the innovators of the portable OS.
    Love an underdog, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Capone View Post
    With the amount of time carriers want you to sign up for, you should at least have a phone that will last that period and beyond.
    be glad your not in canada lol they ask for three years sign up hehehe!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->