Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I wanted to download an app from the catalog today, which did not work. The catalog reported that I do not have enough free memory to install the app. I had 7 (seven) apps installed at that moment. ***?!

Combined with my email problems, which started to pop up after the update to 1.3.1, I decided that this enough reason to doctor the phone.

After many tries, I managed to doctor the phone. Everything gone! When I connected to my Palm profile, it told me that there is nothing to sync. ***, again! I triggered a backup yesterday!

Now I will spend the rest of the evening setting up my email accounts, recreating all my contacts, and reinstalling my apps.

A huge thanks to Palm for that!

So far, the Pre is a huge disappointment, even after 1.3.1. If 1.4 isn't a major step toward a feature-complete, stable phone, then my Pre will go the eBay way, and I will get me an iPhone. It may not have multitasking, it has everything else.

Sascha
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Many of us been through the same issue with non existant backup and I suggest you use a google account for contacts and calendar, that way they are backed up for sure.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    use google and do a manual backup of you palmdb as per the instructions on the fp.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    contact Palm, they can get your contacts back. Then follow the instructions on how to export your contacts to google. And as far as the apps limit there should be a couple threads around here that can help overcome that.