Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone I just ordered a pre for me and the wife and I am looking forward to learning a lot from this site. Dieter I'm a big fan love all the smartphone podcast. I am coming over from the iphone 3G leaving the apple wall garden sorry Rene and joining the wide open world of palm with the homebrew community.
    i hope you did some homework!! glad to see former iphone owners and would like to hear your thoughts after about two weeks of use !?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Welcome, you will be glad you made the switch. But also be patient with the Pre, it is a work in progress and will eventually blossom into something more amazing than it is. I would recommend reading the posts on the homepage of this site and reading the older stories as well. These will only make your experience with the phone better. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I second sburlbaw's sentiments: the Pre is a work in progress, but the homebrew community, with apps, patches and patches, as well as information and support provided on these forums, more than make up for any shortcomings the phone and OS has now.

Welcome!
    Welcome ^_^.. I work as a tech guy at my university, and all of my co-workers have smart phones. Iphones (majority), storm 2, etc, etc. I can say without a doubt that the pre was the right way to go. This community is awesome, and we're all more than willing to help.

First things you should do after updating the OS:
    Install pre drivers (novacom, etc)

Download webos quickinstall
    Install preware
    ???
    Bliss
    Welcome to Pre and this forum. I too would like to hear your comments after a couple of weeks usage.
    You'll love it from an iPhone.

I sure am.
    I too came from an iPhone and I have never regretted my decision. I now have 2 exchange accounts, Google sync, no dropped calls and pretty speedy 3G coverage plus I'm saving money every month on my data/calling plan.

Definitely checkout the homebrew apps and themes. It takes a little research to get comfortable with it, but you'll pick it up pretty fast. Welcome to the forum!
  9.    #9  
    Thank you all I'll post after a few weeks of use and let you know how it's going
    Welcome. This community is awesome. I have learned so much and really enjoy tweaking my phone. Plus everyone is very helpful and will direct you to answers for questions you didn't know you had.
    Welcome to all of the new Pre and Pixi owners!

Remember that you have 30 days to try it out and return it. If you are not happy for any reason return it. But I bet you will keep it.

PreCentral has so much to offer you...

Start with the Tips and Tricks link in my signature below. The Pre does so many amazing things that no one knows about when they get it. Many are not documented.

Get your gmail account set up if you don't already have one as a great way to backup your calendar and contacts. Also see the Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install and Getting Started: Preware.

Make your first Homebrew app be Music Player (Remix). You will be amazed.

But the real magic is in the Patches that let you add a hundred features to your Pre. The best part is that they are as easy to install as a Homebrew App. Dozens of patches are featured in the articles There's a Patch for That (Part 1), Part 2, and Part 3 plus here is a full list of patches.

See the other links below.

You are about to have a blast!

- Craig
    welcome! I myself think that the pre is a cool phone right now and the future of webOS is bright. Slowly, all of the whiners are moving on. I have to say there are some really sharp people in this forum and I want to take this opportunity to thank them for all of their help! I now have preware on my pre with lots of patches and apps and enjoying my pre!
    Ditto Netwrkr9........The Pre is pretty cool and this site always seems to have the anwsers.. if not the group is willing to assist..... you dont see that to much anymore!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner64 View Post
    Hello everyone I just ordered a pre for me and the wife and I am looking forward to learning a lot from this site. Dieter I'm a big fan love all the smartphone podcast. I am coming over from the iphone 3G leaving the apple wall garden sorry Rene and joining the wide open world of palm with the homebrew community.
    Good luck.. you will enjoy....its an awesome phone and will keep you busy for sometime!
  15.    #15  
    I have installed preware and have started downloading apps. So far I love the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner64 View Post
    I have installed preware and have started downloading apps. So far I love the phone.
    Have you tried any patches yet?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Hey there! I too switched over from the iPhone 3G a few months ago. While the speed and responsiveness of webOS aren't quite up to par with the iPhone (yet), we have plenty of reason to believe it will get there someday soon.

I have to say I'm enjoying Sprint and the Pre MUCH more then AT&T and iPhone 3G..

Try to invest in some patients though and if you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. Some people may troll and flame but I'm always up for helping out.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    welcome to the precentral!
    welcome to the future of smart phones .The more people owning the WEBOS platform the faster is going to grow.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Enjoy the phone and everything the forum has to offer. Preware is a great way to customize your phone and you will definitely get a lot out of it. I have had one since release day and have never looked back. It will become part of you in a good way because of the versatility and it truly is an enjoyment to use as it is a ease to use. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast