1.    #1  
    Do apps that have updates available update themselves or do you have to go back to the app catalog and re-download the app? Does it have some sort of auto-check or auto-push update feature for apps that have been updated?

Thanks!!
    no they dont as far as i know . but you can find the update app on your pre and click on it at any time and see if there are any updates for any apps you bought from the app store
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no they dont as far as i know . but you can find the update app on your pre and click on it at any time and see if there are any updates for any apps you bought from the app store
    I didn't realize that the update app worked for apps you've downloaded, I thought it was only for updates to webOS, thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Cool, that works great. Really liking webOS so far. Just wish I had the option for expandable memory and I wish the charger port was elsewhere, but I know that has been discussed extensively.
    your welcome ,also you will sometimes be in app store and see a little gold symbol i think next to app that you have and thats a sign for you to tap on it because there is an update . either way works
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    just wait for the updated version of the pre lol probably next year sometime of course
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    The other day the update app didn't work, it said my phone was up-to-date, but when I went to the app catalog they had an update there for me. Click the shopping bag sign on the bottom of the app catalog, then click updates and check there once in a while.
    yeah well they were probably in the middle of adding the update to it is all .just depends on when they add it and when ur checking for the update lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    The other day the update app didn't work, it said my phone was up-to-date, but when I went to the app catalog they had an update there for me. Click the shopping bag sign on the bottom of the app catalog, then click updates and check there once in a while.
    Yeah, the Updates program used to work for me, but I noticed after this last patch (maybe has nothing to do with it) that two programs I used showed no updates while the actual app catalog showed updates available. Strange.
    My apps have definitely been updating themselves ever since 1.3.1. My "update app" always says my phone is up to date - even after updated apps come out. Moreover, when I go to the app catalog there is no update symbol shown on the updated apps - I get the "tap to launch" rather than "update available". Also, the version numbers for my installed apps apear to match the updated version.

However, I did not update Pandora before 1.3.1 hit, and it still shows the update symbol and "update available" button in the app catalog (still get phone is up to date in the "update app" though?) weird?

Something is definitely broken or it is another one of those undocumented "new features" (e.g. hitting hyperlinks in the browser) that well . . . I don't like - (to be nice).
    I don't believe your apps ever auto-updated themselves. I've never seen or heard of this happening. You do get some updates with WebOS version update for the built-ins.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I think apps auto update themselves. I have an app (third party) that had been updated according to the 'New in App Catalog 30th Nov' post and i never updated the app nor did i even check for said update.

However i found out that the app had already been updated (without my intervention) when i went to check the catalogue for the new Friendsbook app and for any updates

*Shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    However, I did not update Pandora before 1.3.1 hit, and it still shows the update symbol and "update available" button in the app catalog (still get phone is up to date in the "update app" though?) weird?
    Are you outside the US? The app catalog has now been localized to region and as a UK user I had the above happen with several apps until they were resubmitted for UK also.
    IIRC Pandora is not available to people outside the US..
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
    There may be an issue with apps looking updated in the App Catalog, but with the same version number. When Meta Data (Descriptions and Such) are changed for an App, it is shown as "Updated" in the App Catalog, meaning it is now near the top in Recent.

This doesn't mean that the actual code or version number of the app changed at all. So there was no automatic download and update of the application, the data was just changed for the app.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.