Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    is this sale still going on?
    I picked up my Pre shortly after BB opened on Black Friday for $49.99. I couldn't believe it when they told me the price while I was waiting in line. I was expecting it to be $79.99. I know at least 2 other people got a Pre while I was there. By far the best purchase of my Black Friday!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I ordered it Wednesday night at 2315, when Best Buy updated their website with the new price. Still waiting for it to show up though.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Picked up two yesterday. Best Buy was moving them fast. Most stores in SoCal were out or at such low stock levels that they were gone before we got there. Had a manager at one store call another to reserve 2 of the last 3 they had, so we lucked out.

Interesting side note: CA law now requires retailers to collect sales tax on the full retail value. Result: A purchase of $159.98 was levied with a tax of $113.08! Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    which BB did you go to here in Miami?
    I went to the one in Pembroke Pines. They took great care of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    got a Pre today (finally). they had touchstone kit for $39.99. gave me 20% off accessories, so touchstone was around $31.

great deal at BB.
    I wish I had known that... I would've picked that up for her as well.

The Pre that we got initially had to be exchanged yesterday. The proximity sensor didn't work. The new one seems fine so far, tho it has an older build date (7/14). Seems they just push the old stock to the back when the new stuff comes in.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    yeah, the only phones i saw being bought were palm pres. I was at the Houston galleria location.
    Yeah I bought my wife Pre at BB at Galleria. I thought they will be out when I called at noon but when they verified that they still do I went there and got one. At that time two couples were looking at HTC Hero and a guy playing with Droid with Verizon.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Got a Pre at Radio Shack for 99 since I was in a town with no BB.

I love this phone. I am a little nervous about the hardware but I will get that Sprint case that every says makes it more sturdy.

WebOS rocks!
    I got my wife one at the BB in Spring, tx on Friday about 11am. She's always wanted to match, now we do and she's joined the Palm-freaks Woo!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Yeah I bought my wife Pre at BB at Galleria. I thought they will be out when I called at noon but when they verified that they still do I went there and got one. At that time two couples were looking at HTC Hero and a guy playing with Droid with Verizon.
    they were so full of crap. My dad bought one, but he wanted to know if the pre has voice dialing. So they kept pulling up gdial pro and saying look it has voice dial. They will tell you anything to make a sale.
    I stopped by Friday to see if they'd give a price adjustment. The CS rep said normally they don't do price adjustments, but since the sale was also for Saturday, she'd do it.
    I bought 2 pre's two weeks ago, went to BBY on saturday and got the price adjusted. Happy to basically get a pre for free.
    I got mine, and as a tipster pointed out in the article, I also got mine the Wednesday before BF at my local Best Buy. It's freakin' awesome! (That is, after adding the essential LED notification and repeat notifications tweaks, among others.)

Was just over $80 after tax. Also had fun talking to a couple girls that worked there hearing about all the crap they had to do for BF. Rough job getting to work by 2:30am the day after Thanksgiving.

Edit: This was at like 9pm and was for a due contract upgrade. In part they gave me the deal early because that store had turned away my sale the weekend before because the Palm Profile servers were down. The folks at that BB are pretty cool.
    i was not as smart as you all. i got mine, but online at 5am thanksgiving morning. was supposed to arrive by 1st, but according to FedEx website its not looking good.

the anticipation is killing me, and i know my wife is sick of my every hour on the hour update of where my phone is, or at this point is not.

i did not realize this was going to be a weekend sale, i thought it was just what ever they had in stock that morning.

so hopefully i will have my pre by january, as that is how long it looks like FedEx is going to take.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12