Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Although I'm still getting email, the notifications stopped yesterday afternoon sometime.

I double checked the email notification settings, and they have not changed.

Is anyone else not getting email notifications anymore, and/or anyone have an idea how to fix it?

sigh, first Classic stopps working, now email notifications, what's next?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Well, I had tried re-setting the Pre last night to see if that would fix the notification issue, but, this morning, still no notifications...

Re-set the Pre this morning, and "bingo" email notifications were working again! ;-)

So, if re-setting the Pre doesn't fix a problem or glitch, ...try it again. 2nd. time could be the charm. ...go figure.

...just thought I'd share, in case someone else has this happen to them.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I was wrong. Re-setting the Pre only fixed some email notifications. Yahoo is working, but my gmail and aol accounts don't get notifications.

Anyone else with aol or gmail accounts not getting notifications? ...or am I the only one. ;-( sigh.

These little things are really annoying... I really need the gmail notifications to work, ....for work.

I suppose I could start forwarding my gmail to my Yahoo account, that way I'd be able to get the notification.

I really didn't need this to happen today.
    Go into preferences, turn off icon & sounds for each account and exit. Reboot the Pre. Go back into prefs and turn it back on for each account.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinpa View Post
    Go into preferences, turn off icon & sounds for each account and exit. Reboot the Pre. Go back into prefs and turn it back on for each account.
    What is this, Windows 98? /sigh This is getting tiresome. I'm having the same issues. Even more annoying is the notificaiton sound without nay icon appearing. It's like pot luck as to what caused the sound. I don't even bother checking anymore because 1/2 the time it wasn't anything worthwhile (i.e. no new e-mail, calendar reminder, or anything). It's usually the "no data connection" error notification.
    my advice to you is too run webos repair utility ,sounds to me like something is just a little off is all it is. and maybe the repair utility will fix it if this is the case!! of course this will in no way mess with all your personal data.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    my advice to you is too run webos repair utility ,sounds to me like something is just a little off is all it is. and maybe the repair utility will fix it if this is the case!! of course this will in no way mess with all your personal data.
    oh, I forgot to mention that my problems only got worse after having run the 1.3.1 web doctor last week. I still have the e-mail problems and notification hick-ups AAAANNNNNDDDDDDD the web doctor wipe also nuked about 20 contacts.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/27/2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: personal attacks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    oh, I forgot to mention that my problems only got worse after having run the 1.3.1 web doctor last week. I still have the e-mail problems and notification hick-ups AAAANNNNNDDDDDDD the web doctor wipe also nuked about 20 contacts. WOOHOO! But thanks for the zero value added misinformation; now where's that thanks button at again?
    i'll add some value to this.....you're being condescending.

the guy was just trying to help and Doctoring is a commonly used and commonly suggested remedy.

it's not like he threw that suggestion out there in order to screw up someone's phone.

and if any of your contacts got nuked and you don't have redundant backups, then that's your own fault.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/27/2009 at 11:16 AM.
    oh, I forgot to mention that my problems only got worse after having run the 1.3.1 web doctor last week. I still have the e-mail problems and notification hick-ups AAAANNNNNDDDDDDD the web doctor wipe also nuked about 20 contacts. WOOHOO! But thanks for the zero value added misinformation; now where's that thanks button at again?
    welll well if you would read that post it says,and i quote " RUN THE WEBOS REPAIR UTILITY" the repair utility is not the webos doctor . they are different programs dude. so if you would read a little closer and not just scim over you would not have lost anything in doing the repair utility . duh huh.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    oh, I forgot to mention that my problems only got worse after having run the 1.3.1 web doctor last week. I still have the e-mail problems and notification hick-ups AAAANNNNNDDDDDDD the web doctor wipe also nuked about 20 contacts.
    also if i ever recommend the web doctor i always suggest finding a way to back up personal info like contacts if its possible because i lost like 200 myself. thanks have a blessed day !! lol
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/27/2009 at 10:44 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I tried that, however, I'm still not getting all notifications. The mystery continues...

Thanks, though.
    ok have you done all the interactive and quick tests to see if there is an issue anywhere on your phone??

if not go into device info and into preferences menu dropdown top left and run the interactive and quick tests in there it will test alot of stuff to see if all is working correctly and send info to palm or carrier for troubleshooting

if that does not work it may be an issue with the mail service and maybe you need a new email address or need to tweak settings ??? i dont know . just a thought.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    "RUN THE WEBOS REPAIR UTILITY"...duh huh.
    And how is this any different than running the full webos doctor? the repair utility just selectively checks your files vs. the official files and allows you (i.e. prompts you) to change them. Running the full webos doc replaces all the files with the official versions??? NO....VALUE...ADDED

Dude, thanks for trying to help but all of these random posts, sending people to miscellaneous places in their phone or otherwise to try and help things....isn't helping. It actually makes things worse if your suggestion isn't a proven fix for the problem the original poster was asking about. It's worse because (1)you're wasting their time, (2) they'll feel worse when it doesn't work, and (3) random other poeple who might be looking for solutions to similar problems are going to run across these random instructions too.
    My wife had this issue with her GMail account a few days ago, and I found out that the solution is with the account. It seems as though the Pre doesnt like a Gmail account with 100 unread emails in it. She logged on from our office computer and checked them, and hasnt had an issue since. I did all of the things...reboot, soft reset, and full webOS doctor..and NONE of that worked until she read her email.

Of course, she had two work email accounts (Exchange) and an AOL account and our family Gmail account...all of which got notifications. Go figure!
    Last edited by BMIC50; 11/27/2009 at 09:54 AM.
    Ive had this issue since updating to 1.3.1. Ive tried the following:
    1) deleted gmail acounts and readded them
    2) webdoctor
    3) checking manually (will restart the notifications)

Problem is that it only helps temporarily and if you do a reset that just kills the notifications an dthen you have to try some of these steps again. BLAH!
    Nurgling,
    These guys are trying to help.
    I know some lost patience with you, but you seem to sound a little sarcastic in your replies to their effort to help.

Keep it peacable guys.