Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just wanted make a shout out to that device called the Pre and how awesome it is.

    I've been neglecting my iTouch (brewed to the teeth, as in basically an iphone without the radio and camera) so i thought i'd give it some TLC.
    After 5 or so minutes I was already running back to the Pre. I couldn't get over the fact that I couldn't flick away a webpage after i was done with a quick read.
    Less specifically, it wasn't ergonomic in anyway and frustrating to work with.
    I missed the round edges that warmed my heart. I missed the swoosh sound and the annoying-bong bong. The thing just didn't feel at home and kept slipping away.

    Anyways, playing with only about 3 useful apps out of my entire collection just cemented the fact that the Pre is a badass phone and in a worst case scenario I plan on holding it close and sinking with Palm.
    Last edited by grynv; 11/27/2009 at 02:43 AM.
  2. #2  
    I agree I love that feature. I notice that when I am in public and playing with my Pre it usually draws interest and comments. Was wondering though: when a card is minimized, what is the gesture that makes it even smaller? Have looked and cannot find it - with my old Centro running TealOS it was a downswipe.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I agree I love that feature. I notice that when I am in public and playing with my Pre it usually draws interest and comments. Was wondering though: when a card is minimized, what is the gesture that makes it even smaller? Have looked and cannot find it - with my old Centro running TealOS it was a downswipe.
    just touch anywhere on the screen other than the card or launcher bar thingy.
  4. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I agree I love that feature. I notice that when I am in public and playing with my Pre it usually draws interest and comments. Was wondering though: when a card is minimized, what is the gesture that makes it even smaller? Have looked and cannot find it - with my old Centro running TealOS it was a downswipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalild View Post
    just touch anywhere on the screen other than the card or launcher bar thingy.
    I usually just press and hold on the card after going into card view (swipe up/home button)
  5. #5  
    Thanks to both! Could not get the first method to work but the second one works fine - appreciate it!
  6. #6  
    Easiest way is just to tap right under the card, when in card view.

    Fastest.
  7. #7  
    ^Had mine since launch day and didn't know that.
  8. #8  
    I feel the same way!!!! My iTouch feels stone age now and I can't count how many times I've tried to flick the browser away...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  9. #9  
    One thing I do know is there is no such thing as an iTouch, not from Apple anyway.
  10. #10  
    shrink cards to small view tap left or right below cards works great
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #11  
    I swear... The idea of having multiple vards and a gesture area was SO smart of Palm. I hope they work off that for future hardware.
  12. MedicX's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude Ron View Post
    Easiest way is just to tap right under the card, when in card view.

    Fastest.

    glad i read before i posted my 2 cents. lol. i agree
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  13. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #13  
    I agree 100%. While you may see me fussing over some of the temporary short comings, the interface and hardware are nothing short of revolutionary.

    A few days ago I had to work on my Dads iTouch. Prior to the Pre I had iPhone 3G so I know my way around that OS quite well but I completely forgot what it was like due the Pres UI! I wanted to swipe the gesture area more than once. I honostly don't even want a phone without one now. Its just natural.

    After working with the iTouch again I did get to see just how sluggish webOS's UI compared to iPhone OS. While I had known it wasn't as fast since the beginning, I didn't realize how big the difference was. I can't wait until Palm starts utilizing the GPU for a snappier UI that we deserve.

    At the end of the day its all good though. This is just what we call early adapters fee!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Just wanted make a shout out to that device called the Pre and how awesome it is.

    I've been neglecting my iTouch (brewed to the teeth, as in basically an iphone without the radio and camera) so i thought i'd give it some TLC.
    After 5 or so minutes I was already running back to the Pre. I couldn't get over the fact that I couldn't flick away a webpage after i was done with a quick read.
    Less specifically, it wasn't ergonomic in anyway and frustrating to work with.
    I missed the round edges that warmed my heart. I missed the swoosh sound and the annoying-bong bong. The thing just didn't feel at home and kept slipping away.

    Anyways, playing with only about 3 useful apps out of my entire collection just cemented the fact that the Pre is a badass phone and in a worst case scenario I plan on holding it close and sinking with Palm.
    I agree completely. I rarely use my iPod touch anymore, and when I do all I use it for is for playing Tap Tap Revenge, haha. The iPhone UI sucks compared to the Pre's, but one thing that is better about it is that the UI is quicker than WebOS, but hopefully Palm will fix this soon
  15. #15  
    yeah, my ipod is heading to the same place my pager qent to.
  16. #16  
    I'm another one with the iPod Touch who constantly tries to use the gesture area on it, only to find that it's not there. I use the thing for music and Wolfenstein only ... the pro-Pre arguments above have come out of my mouth a million times in the past six months. Palm did a wonderful job making a very fun and usable UI.

Posting Permissions