Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Each morning ive woke up since applying 1.3.1 my clock has jumped back 30 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this??. It doesnt seem to matter if I have network time set to on or off. Its really starting to annoy me seeing as I use my phone as my alarm clock
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    A few days ago, I noticed that the phone's time was off by a few minutes. I checked the time settings and found that it was set to Regina, Canada. I tried to reset to Chicago, IL (Central time), where I live, and the phone hangs on "waiting for network time zone..." whatever that means. After a little futzing around, and a reboot, if I remember correctly, the phone now appears to display the correct time.

EDIT: You might want to check out post 2064308.
    Last edited by jlehrer; 11/27/2009 at 02:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    thanks for that. Problem is I have it set to manual, when I have it on network time all I get is the oop up teliing me network time is unavailable. I'm wondering if its a hardware fault
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    Each morning ive woke up since applying 1.3.1 my clock has jumped back 30 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this??. It doesnt seem to matter if I have network time set to on or off. Its really starting to annoy me seeing as I use my phone as my alarm clock
    You can always set it to go off 30 min later

Do you have any time/clock related patches installed at all?

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    thanks for that. Problem is I have it set to manual, when I have it on network time all I get is the oop up teliing me network time is unavailable. I'm wondering if its a hardware fault
    I have the same problem. I just told it to bugger off. And ignored the network time....but I am curious to see if there is a fix for this.
    Vas
    I've not noticed the time being badly wrong but I do get frequent pop-ups saying it has lost the network timezone. I have set the timezone manually and switched of network timezone but I still get these messages several times a day.

I can only assume the manual setting option doesn't work and O2 has terrible reliability on the timezone. The latter could be due to my poor reception but surely if the phone can't see the network it has more important things to worry about than the loss of timezone signal.
    I've noticed i lose approx 2 mins in every 24 hours,no big deal!xcept if i don't change it back i'm 15 mins out come the following monday i've tried manual and automatic settings makes no difference still those damn 2 mins vanish every day.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    With my new phone I woke up on time today, only difference is I havent applied any patches so I dont know if its patches or the phone. Not sure if im going to apply any this time seeing as they were also causing me serious battery issues too and I dont need them that much.