Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, I was going to try the 600 patch but it is no longer available. Anyone know why?
    Its apparently bricking some Pres. I have the CPU Scaling 600 and I love it. The pre is noticeably faster (no more stutter in the launcher, universal search is sooo much quicker) and my battery life is unbelievable. I haven't 'heavily' used my pre (ie use an app for an hour straight... other than using MusicRemix) but I really haven't seen a quicker reduction in battery life when I am using it.

EDIT: I also have a new Pre (October-ish), the touchscreen on my June 6 one stopped working one weekend.
    You don't happen to have the ipk do you?
    I'm getting terrible battery life with the patch's. With it set at 500 or 600 my battery drains %10 an hour with no running programs. The phone runs great with the patch's expect for crazy battery discharge when in use.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I've tried both the SR and CPU Scaling at 500, 550 and 600... But to test things out I did it command line (as opposed to patch) and then if there is an issue, a reboot sets it back to default.

It's actually pretty easy to do with WOSQI and the Linux command line.

Patch webOS CPU Frequency or Voltage Scaling - WebOS Internals

Running CPU Scaling right now (550MHz). SR worked great at first but saw some weird unresponsiveness at 600MHz. So far 550 CPU Scaling is working great (and battery drain seems good). Would be nice to actually see some head to head comparisons running the same apps and battery meter (some in other threads but they will depend on usage, etc).

Overall, my impression is that 600 is definitely faster, and both SR and CPU Scaling can save battery when idle (don't do them both together!). CPU Scaling might be a bit slow to jump back to top speed (even overclocking) but it appears each Pre is a bit different so try it out and see which works.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I'm getting terrible battery life with the patch's. With it set at 500 or 600 my battery drains %10 an hour with no running programs. The phone runs great with the patch's expect for crazy battery discharge when in use.
    Try doctoring and then trying the patch.
    Maybe an app is keeping it awake
    Only thing I can think of is I have an airave and inside my apartment my EV switch's to 1x often. Once I step outside I have full EV no problems. You think the patch is using more power to search for EV when it's switching back and forth.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    How did I fix it? Well, to be honest, I really do not know.

Doctor wouldn't recognize my phone so I thought it was because my phone didn't have enough battery or something (because the low battery sign would come up when I hooked it up via USB)...

So I then let it charge through the outlet... and after like half an hour to an hour, my phone started flashing Palm.
    Then after like a minute and a half I was back on the home screen.
    It... magically worked? IDK.

Btw, it's been 21 hours since I charged my Pre. It's at 31%.
    Of course, around 8 of those hours could be considered "overnight" ... and since then I've been using it lightly here and there.

I'm saying that you could make it last 3 days if you wanted to incase you forgot your charger.
    Before this patch I would have to charge every night regardless because when my Pre sat idle it would alone take like 5% to 7%/hour, even in pretty good coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    major battery improvements with light usage on 500Mhz patch

kudos

Gx
    Same here...today I was in an area where service was marginal and did not use the phone much..but it was searching for service more than usual...but not on that much. From 11:00am until 6:00pm, I went from 94% down to 34%. That NEVER happens...I am usually that far through my SECOND battery in the same situation before the patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    You don't happen to have the ipk do you?
    Sorry, I do not. If I could somehow take it off my phone and send it to you, I would.

Also, it makes no sense for Preware to have removed the patches. They were listed as dangerous. Users should have known what could have happened (as it was clearly listed in the details)
    So I went back to stock config and my battery life is awesome. 12 Hours over night with 10 mins of web-surfing and 10 e-mail's and a couple of text messages I'm at %85. With the either patch installed I was getting %15 drain in an hour or two.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    So I went back to stock config and my battery life is awesome. 12 Hours over night with 10 mins of web-surfing and 10 e-mail's and a couple of text messages I'm at %85. With the either patch installed I was getting %15 drain in an hour or two.
    Exactly!
    I had the Smartreflex 600 on my pre and while the battery usage at idle was low, when I had it opened in a program the battery would drain down 10% in 15 minutes. I removed it because when I would did a reset my homescreen was frozen and I had to pull the battery twice to fix it. I installed the Smartreflex 500 yesterday, and while I still have the low power consumption at idle, the battery drain is alot less when having it opened in a program. I removed my pre of the charger this morning at 8 am and have checked email and sent a few text's, my battery is still at 94% at 11:30.
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    With regular usage battery drop seems normal, ie fasther than I would hope for.

But standby time is drastically increased with the combo of smartreflex 600 and evdo off.

I went do bed last night at midnight, having just taken my Pre off the charger with a full charge. With evdo turned off, all aps closed, etc., I woke up at 9am and checked the battery... Reporting 94% remaining after nine hours of sleep!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12