1.    #1  
    I unfortunately will always remember this thanksgiving as the thanksgiving I found my broken screen pre sitting on my dresser charging plans for tomorrow prevent me from going to sprint. I'm hoping they can see its not my fault. If not ill pay the deductible...its my 7th pre after all.....The corp. sprint store nearby is familiar with me and the tweaks I've applied....even helped them sell a few pres and keep a sale or 2 once. I tend to go in for new phone launches and to check out the other devices.....so i feel confident about not paying the deductible....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    So what have you given thanks for?
  3.    #3  
    My palm profile and backup

7 Pres?!! I have seen in the past you mentioned having exchanged once but how have you gone through so many?

Besides this forum I see a long thread on the actual palm support forum so I would imagine they should not give you a huge hassle. Good luck.
    so what broke and how ??? just wondering is all??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Mr. L. Punk: I would bet my whole salary from this year AND last year that NO other phone of yours had to be replaced SEVEN TIMES IN SIX MONTHS. Maybe you might be a little rough with it, but that just shows the great 'quality' that was put into these little eggshells.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/27/2009 at 04:11 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Mr. L. Punk: I would bet my whole salary from this year AND last year that NO other phone of yours had to be replaced SEVEN TIMES IN SIX MONTHS. Maybe you might be a little rough with it, but that just shows the great 'quality' that was put into these little eggshells.
    Nope. The quality is for crap on them, however i'd expect a company with no experience in sliders to screw up with their first one...I'd go through 100 of them in a 2 yr agreement as long as I am not paying for anything else! The hardware is sketchy but the OS is amazing so its a trade off....I do expect marked improvements in hardware coming outta palm with P2. Either that or Ruby can make good with his previous comments and license it out to HTC.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    7 Pres?!! I have seen in the past you mentioned having exchanged once but how have you gone through so many?

Besides this forum I see a long thread on the actual palm support forum so I would imagine they should not give you a huge hassle. Good luck.
    the majority have been for expanding dead pixel clusters or simply too many of them becoming noticeable. 1 was because of a speaker issue(not palms standard 3/5mm bug either) 1 was because of a screwed up install of the OS and the web-doctor was not working, i later found out it was recoverable but i needed to get it into bootloader mode? Most of them i didn't even walk out of the store with them, one i did but had to turn around when the speaker didn't work

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so what broke and how ??? just wondering is all??
    I woke up and it had a nice spider crack running from the center button. The longest covers the whole screen....I didn't drop it. I didnt even have to mention the other people who have had a similar issue...they ordered me a replacement and i walked out in 10 mins...+1 sprint and palm for paying attention!

Touchscreen was almost totally unresponsive, but i could make a few calls using universal search and the keyboard. (just type the whole contact until there are no other options and press enter) but a few hours after that the screen went dark and now its toast Sprint is replacing it, they had to order it though so i'm back to the centro for the time being...YUCK)

10.    #10  
    got a new to me pre and wow...seriously no obvious dead pixels....but i forgot to use a fake profile....i signed in and half my contacts are missing I quickly hard reset it and used a fake profile. Now i am updating Steve Jobs Pre to 1.3.1 and I will try my profile again...My fingers are crossed. It was a refurb (recon date 09/21/2009) with 1.1.0 outta the box. Feels good, with no obvious scratches on the mirror or oreo. Its got a good spring action to the slide as well!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/01/2009 at 03:19 PM.

11.    #11  
    and they are all back. nice! even kept 5 launcher pages and the normal icons on the right pages! Wish they could keep my launcher page bookmarks and home brew too but....its better than nothing. now to work on my patches and homebrew!

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    and they are all back. nice! even kept 5 launcher pages and the normal icons on the right pages! Wish they could keep my launcher page bookmarks and home brew too but....its better than nothing. now to work on my patches and homebrew!
    Good job, Mr. Jobs... lol.