Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 80 of 80
  1. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitronin View Post
    Is this for headphones, or for the phones speaker itself.

    This thread contains discussions regarding increasing the volume of the back speaker phone (i.e., while in a call), and increasing the volume of headphones when listening to media (i.e., through the music player).

    Post #59 relates to increasing the volume of the back speaker when playing media.
  2. #62  
    As far as animations go (scrolling, etc) if you download Uberkernel and overclock your phone will be buttery smooth. I am running my Pre Plus at 1ghz and scrolling through menus, web pages, etc, are very smooth and polished.

    I highly recommend it. It's like having a new phone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    in the /etc/audio/b/media_back_speaker.txt file, try changing the FIRST occurrence of:

    setreg 0x1a 0x33

    to

    setreg 0x1a 0x03

    and let me know if that does the trick.
    Patch based on jctreo's recommendation attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/16/2010 at 11:29 AM.
  4. #64  
    jctreo how about the media volume for the headset? Any recommendations or tweaks?
  5. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    jctreo how about the media volume for the headset? Any recommendations or tweaks?
    Yes, that was why I originally worked on this. Many of my mp3 files seemed too quiet... For some reason, I had thought you made a patch for this as well, but I am not seeing it.

    Check this thread for info:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lume-hack.html

    Thank you!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Yes, that was why I originally worked on this. Many of my mp3 files seemed too quiet... For some reason, I had thought you made a patch for this as well, but I am not seeing it.

    Check this thread for info:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lume-hack.html

    Thank you!
    Patch posted in thread now! I don't know how I missed that one. We still need the bluetooth fixes. I know you will keep looking for how to fix that.

    Have you tried this file etc/audio/b/media_wireless.txt if I knew what to change I would try.
  7. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Patch posted in thread now! I don't know how I missed that one. We still need the bluetooth fixes. I know you will keep looking for how to fix that.
    haha! I will give it another go. I have not looked at bluetooth in many months now, and pretty much gave up on my bluetooth headset because the volume was just too low for me when playing media.

    I wish I knew how to make it use the patch file without requiring a reboot!

    cheers!
  8. #68  
    I think the reason reboot is required is because the etc is in the root directory. But reboot never hurts anyone. I hope you can tweak the bluetooth. I am enjoying the new volume tweaks. I think I found a weird bug though.

    When I start my video app to play a video the phone flashes offline for about 4 seconds, only for videos though. I am going to try a reboot again.

    Edit: I feel real dumb! I forgot I have a mode switcher mode to cut off phone when playing videos. LOL! I thought I was going to have to visit the doctor.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/16/2010 at 12:31 PM.
  9. #69  
    Mamouton and jc-Treo. You both are AWESOME!!!!!!!! I would have never found this thread if i wasnt snooping around!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  10. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #70  
    Okay i just changed a file on my phone. it was the one that is supposed to make your back speaker louder. it is right here http://forums.precentral.net/2712504-post59.html anyway i changed the file the way it said and when i restarted my phone is just staying at the boot screen. palm no flashing, i save the file the way it is supposed to be but i cant get into my phone to replace the altered one with the backup. can anyone help me out. I am trying to go into usb mode and it wont let me. please help any suggestions. Thanks. PS would love to not have to take a trip to the doc if at all possible.
  11. #71  
    use repair utility,,,,it will fix the said file.
  12. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    use repair utility,,,,it will fix the said file.
    what repair utility are you talking about? webOSdoc?
  13. #73  
    <<threads merged>>
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    what repair utility are you talking about? webOSdoc?
    He's talking about the webOS Repair Utility from Canuk Coding. It uses the Doctor files to check your device for missing/corrupt files and replaces them with the correct files from the Doctor.

    Check it out and be sure to read everything in the first post.
  15. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    He's talking about the webOS Repair Utility from Canuk Coding. It uses the Doctor files to check your device for missing/corrupt files and replaces them with the correct files from the Doctor.

    Check it out and be sure to read everything in the first post.
    okay so i downloaded it and started my phone and like i said it stays at the boot screen and when i try to run the program it says please connect your device then hit ok and when i do it says no device connected. I tried putting it into usb mode by orange sym u. i think thats right and nothing is working. is this sounding like a trip to the good ol doc?
  16. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    okay so i downloaded it and started my phone and like i said it stays at the boot screen and when i try to run the program it says please connect your device then hit ok and when i do it says no device connected. I tried putting it into usb mode by orange sym u. i think thats right and nothing is working. is this sounding like a trip to the good ol doc?
    nm i got it to work now hopefully it fixes it.
  17. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    nm i got it to work now hopefully it fixes it.
    It is just sitting at loading connected devices build info: is that normal?
  18. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    It is just sitting at loading connected devices build info: is that normal?
    No, that is not normal. Maybe the patch did not install correctly.

    Have you tried using orange-sym-r to reboot?
  19. #79  
    Hey guys,

    Just to say thanks for the excellent patches - added last night & had no trouble listening to spotify while cooking up a (loud) storm in the kitchen....

    (First post using Forums Beta...)

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  20. #80  
    And for some reason its including most of my email signature.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions