Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is it possible for someone to send directions in on Post?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Also: would like directions, but from Anyone who has gotten their BLUETOOTH to be louder. Please help!
    Someone can post an unaltered, original files?? I have some problems like to share with you after verifying that indeed is a problem
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luismedina View Post
    Someone can post an unaltered, original files?? I have some problems like to share with you after verifying that indeed is a problem
    would also like to go back to the original file. Hopefully someone has it.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    would also like to go back to the original file. Hopefully someone has it.
    They are here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2409810

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Thanks - I reinstalled the original file from the link you provided (I also attached it here), but the sound is even more distorted (listening to Pandora and Music player) than it was before. I installed it via QuickInstall, Send, File (media_headset.txt), Destination Folder /ect/audio/b/ . It said the file was installed to device correctly and then I did a reset. Did I do something wrong? Did I install the correct file? thanks...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Thanks - I reinstalled the original file from the link you provided (I also attached it here), but the sound is even more distorted (listening to Pandora and Music player) than it was before. I installed it via QuickInstall, Send, File (media_headset.txt), Destination Folder /ect/audio/b/ . It said the file was installed to device correctly and then I did a reset. Did I do something wrong? Did I install the correct file? thanks...
    I think that should do it! (Assuming you are listening to music through headphones.)

also, I am guessing you had a type in your post- its /etc/audio/b not /ect/audio/b

I would also think that any distortion you have would only occur when you run the volume up high. I would say 3/4s volume with the patch installed is about the same as full volume with no patch.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I think that should do it! (Assuming you are listening to music through headphones.)

also, I am guessing you had a type in your post- its /etc/audio/b not /ect/audio/b

I would also think that any distortion you have would only occur when you run the volume up high. I would say 3/4s volume with the patch installed is about the same as full volume with no patch.
    Yes that was a typo. I'm getting distortion even at a low level. I'm going to try to reinstall the file using repair utility/doctor and see if that helps. Do you know if I just type media_headset.txt to have doctor reinstall it or do I add the path as well /etc/audio/b/media_headset.txt ? Thanks for your help.
    Distortion from running speaker too loud?
    This is why I never patched the volume, too scared to bork the speaker.
    This all works, as I have made the modification to the external speaker for wearing a wired headset.

If you need more help, search on 'volume'.

See if this link helps you, it was the message thread that had a ton of info on the steps needed.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lume-hack.html

For me, I downloaded the file, renamed it to ***.txt so I could bring it up in notepad or a text editor such as 'EditPad Lite'.

Made the changes and then renamed it back to ***.css (I think it was css, check the documentation from the link I posted)

Deleted the file off of the Pre, then copied over my modified file.

CAUTION: I made backup copies of every file that I touched and kept a copy on my PC, just in case I messed up or made a mistake.

Hope this helps some of you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Was just thinking about this today. My headphones are great, and I know they can sound even beefier, but the Pre volume is set so low, I keep hitting volume up thinking it was only 80% high. I'm already a little deaf, so the more decibles the better. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    here is another edited file that boosts it up more. due to request
    This is great - I like watching movies while riding the subway here in NYC and it's basically impossible to hear dialog over the subway noises with the stock volume settings. And that's with sealed. in-ear headphones.

Just updated it, much louder - looking forward to trying it out in the field....
    Unfortunately I cannot download the files. The .txt files yes, but not the email attachments.
    Klicking on "Email Attachment" sends me an email to my aol account, but I cannot open that email. After half a minute of trying aol reports a failure.
    Can anybody help me? I would really love to install that +6dB volume boost.
    An alternative, that avoids changing the settings, an risking the hardware is to invest in a FiiO e5 mini headphone amp whch will improve the quality and volume of the pre's (already pretty good) sound output considerably, and significantly reduce the pre battery drain - I got 45 minutes of playing with only 3% of drain - Much less than when the pre is powering the headphones itself.

USB chargeable and tiny - it's really great value, at around $20 and not pre specific - & can be used with any portable music player, available from Amazon..
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Does anyone know where I can a patch or file hack to make the back speaker louder for media only?

I like to listen to podcasts without headphones when I'm working out and even with the volume at its highest, it's not even close to what I can get from my old Treo, which I'm still keeping around for this and other reasons

I've seen the other threads, and even tried some of the hacks, but they're either for raising the headphone volume or the back speaker for phone audio.
    Has anyone come up with a way to boost a2dp bluetooth playback?
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshare View Post
    Does anyone know where I can a patch or file hack to make the back speaker louder for media only?

I've seen the other threads, and even tried some of the hacks, but they're either for raising the headphone volume or the back speaker for phone audio.
    +1
    I too have been looking for this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jshare View Post

in the /etc/audio/b/media_back_speaker.txt file, try changing the FIRST occurrence of:

setreg 0x1a 0x33

to

setreg 0x1a 0x03

and let me know if that does the trick.
    Is this for headphones, or for the phones speaker itself.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast