Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i placed the first thread in the wrong sectionmy pre has the backup thru palm problem that is super annoying but its stating i only have 5 contacts in my palm account but theres many more in my contacts! another problem im having is that there are double names of some contacts with no information in them! when i click on them... it just sends me back to the contact page... how do i delete them? how do i get my pre to have my contacts recognized?

please help me with this problem... its super annoying
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    From what I've read Palm knows about this and is working on it. Can you swipe the blank contacts off to the right of the phone, and then do manual backup and see if they come back. I haven't found anyway to get into the backups online, but somebody else here will probbally know about it, I'm a new user and still learning.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    no u can not swipe it away. there doesnt seem to be a way!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Those contacts might be from a fixed contact list such as Linked In or Yahoo. Check if they are synced up under contacts and if so, delete them out of your contact list from that site.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I had the very same issue you do, I calmly called palm and spent several hours on the phone with a level 2 tech who had me do a partial erase while they "looked for the last working backup." after which I logged back into my palm profile. It all worked perfectly and the very nice lady was very surprised yeah, they know about it and apparently they CAN fix it. I'd suggest givin em a call