1.    #1  
    Today I work up and my Pre was acting funny. I noticed it was QUIET. There is no swoosh sound when you close a card and when I received a phone call this A.M. I could not hear the person on the other end. Finally I switched the phone to speaker phone and it worked like a charm. I've since re-booted twice, and taken out the battery and put back in. Still, NO swoosh sound. I have the latest 1.3.1 update. I have not done ANYTHING different with the phone since last night.

When I run any apps that use sound, everything is silent. Pandora, etc. I've flipped the vibrate/toggle switch back and forth several times. Still, no sound.

Anyone else having these issues? I have not over clocked my pre or anything like that. It's just weird that this A.M. it started doing this.

Note: When I plug my pre in to charge, it still makes the charging sound beep.

Appreciate the help!
    clean your headset plug in (used canned air and blow it out) and/or plug in and take out a headset jack and see if that fixes it...of course after you check your sounds are set in the settings and your volume is up.
    Please see this for help:

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../40427_en.html

I used a small cotton-tipped swab (Q-tip to clean the 3.5mm audio jack and that fixed the problem for me.

You might also try what cowgirlupkelly suggested.
    plug in headset and turn on music for a min. then turn off music before unplugging headset and then try it again to see if it works . if you unplug headset with music on or while sound is playing ,well and sometimes with nothing playing lol it will do this . its getting stuck in headset mode . and diff. fixes work for each person
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ? swoosh wound when close card? Never had that. App closes so no problem. Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    ? swoosh wound when close card? Never had that. App closes so no problem. Just curious.
    Really you never heard a sound when you close the apps????? I love the swoosh when you sweep it off the screen.
  7.    #7  
    QUOTE:
    Shadavis08 plug in headset and turn on music for a min. then turn off music before unplugging headset and then try it again to see if it works . if you unplug headset with music on or while sound is playing ,well and sometimes with nothing playing lol it will do this . its getting stuck in headset mode . and diff. fixes work for each person

Thanks Shadavis08!!! Your suggestion worked!!! It must have been a software issue (which is what I was hoping it was). I plugged in some headphones, turned on Pandora radio. I listened to the music for about 30 seconds. Then, I closed down Pandora radio. Waited 30 seconds... unplugged the headphones... and Bam... works perfectly! Now I can listen to Pandora without my headphones as well as now hear the SWOOSH sound when closing cards again.
    I had the same issue yesterday .. tried everythin nothing worked .. so went to sprint store and they are sending a replacement tomm .. they told me that there was no other way to fix this prob except a replacement ..apparently it is pretty common with older palm phone also .
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    QUOTE:
    Shadavis08 plug in headset and turn on music for a min. then turn off music before unplugging headset and then try it again to see if it works . if you unplug headset with music on or while sound is playing ,well and sometimes with nothing playing lol it will do this . its getting stuck in headset mode . and diff. fixes work for each person

Thanks Shadavis08!!! Your suggestion worked!!! It must have been a software issue (which is what I was hoping it was). I plugged in some headphones, turned on Pandora radio. I listened to the music for about 30 seconds. Then, I closed down Pandora radio. Waited 30 seconds... unplugged the headphones... and Bam... works perfectly! Now I can listen to Pandora without my headphones as well as now hear the SWOOSH sound when closing cards again.
    this is known to happen it just does not realize that you have pulled out the headset if you do it quickly while in use . and if you hit the thanks button when anyone helps you out ,that will be thanks enough. have a great thnksgiving
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by smalkani_1984 View Post
    I had the same issue yesterday .. tried everythin nothing worked .. so went to sprint store and they are sending a replacement tomm .. they told me that there was no other way to fix this prob except a replacement ..apparently it is pretty common with older palm phone also .
    well at least your getting a new phone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I noticed since 1.3.1 that sometimes my swoosh sound doesn't work. I open close the keyboard and the sound comes back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I noticed since 1.3.1 that sometimes my swoosh sound doesn't work. I open close the keyboard and the sound comes back!
    try the webos repair utility it might fix this for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    haven't ran repair utility recently, but I ran it twice since the issue. Only hit was dev mode. I don't know what the issue is. I assuming it could be a # of things. 1) a tweak, 2) the update 3) physical problem with the device. Being that moving the screen causes the sound to come back that makes the most sense. But, see other people on this tread having the same issue, is making me think different. Maybe something with the update has made the screen more sensitive. I did have Palm Cento have a sound problem. And it was the headphone jack that was the issue!(as someone stated above). I will try that, they reminded me of it!