Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I had issues with my last pre so they swapped me one threw insurance. When I first put in my palm profile it said that profile was already in use - which has never happened before (I know ive swapped my phone like 5x already) but my gmail worked. Then it didnt load my contacts, calender, email or anything related to my gmail. I downloaded the update 1.3.1 and then reloaded my gmail under accounts and it started to work.

Now when I click buddies in my messaging (where you see your ymssger, aim, google talk friends ect) it says SIGNING IN.... I reput in the IM accounts, restart the phone - it doesn't matter WHAT I do it always says SIGNING IN but it never finishes signing in! It's driving me crazy cuz already it seems like the "new" pre they swapped me for has more issues then the last one. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I need to go back and get the phone swapped again???!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    No one has any ideas
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The only thing I can think of is a hard reset. If that doesn't work, another swap might be needed. Unless you can use text and email. But I'm one of those people that has never understood the logic behind IM so I've never used IM. Threaded text is the same thing. Good luck.
    I have the same issue... and it seems to be AIM that is causing it on my device.
    Personal = Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 755p => Palm Pre ... [Pre 2?]
    and =====================> Apple iPhone => iPad
    Work ==========================> BB Storm => HTC EVO 4G

MY PRE IS STILL MY FAVORITE BY FAR!!