1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 04:10 AM.
    i don't have a pre yet, but as i know, simply put your credit card info in your pre will do.

i also know that people are buying apps using China's credit card. so the same in UK and Germany.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiajiahairui View Post
    i don't have a pre yet, but as i know, simply put your credit card info in your pre will do.

i also know that people are buying apps using China's credit card. so the same in UK and Germany.
    Right!?!?!? And I'm holding a Palm Pre2 running WebOS 4.0!

Why do people bother posting such non-sense?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Right!?!?!? And I'm holding a Palm Pre2 running WebOS 4.0!

Why do people bother posting such non-sense?
    trying to get his post count up, is the only logic i could gather from his post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Get a Pre first, and then talk.
    You sir, made my day

I have a few theories i may just test out, Meta doctoring my Pre using both Sprint then WR 1.3.1 fw without logging into my profile afterwards, and registering a virtual cc. But will get to that stage when i do.

Will let you know how i get on in due course, installing ubuntu to Meta doctor seems a royal pain in the **** imho.
    Setting up an Ubuntu 910 image on virtualbox is easy. It's just that it's 6 GB, otherwise... I'm planning on cooking something as well this weekend. Will keep you posted. IP range constraints may mess everything up though, although that would leave those 36 Sprint users on holiday in Europe cut off as well...
    Yeah youre right, just had a thorough look at the Meta Doctor instructions, seems fairly doable.

It would probably be easy if we knew how palm was actually verifying where we were hence the restriction. Connecting the pre via wifi from the UK may cause implications, but i may just query that with a few sprint users which frequently travel abroad and see what their take is.

I suppose we could bypass the IP Limitation through the use of a proxy server, more specifically a US one, but with no way to configure this on the modem itself (well not my old one anyhow) so we could set this up on a host computer with internet connection sharing enabled. Wifi would be the only way id say, connecting via 3G from the uk would defy the whole object of doing this.

I think it could work, any thoughts?
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 11/26/2009 at 11:46 AM.
    I bet some Palm security technician is reading this thread and laughing his 'culo' off...

I'm located in the Netherlands (outside official Pre territory) and just realized (duh!) there's no metadoctor support for the sprint131 jar file available for download. So I'll start with a fixed 1.2.1 (I guess)

I haven't heard of any app yet that makes your Pre use the computers internet connection? Another option would be to set up a VPN connection to a US server right from the router. All in all, just too much work when one of those precentral nerds could write a patch...
    There 1.3.1 support actually =P. You need to change the version in the makefile to 1.3.1.

Lool yeah that may be, but you never know until you try.

If you have a computer with wifi, you can enabled ICS (Internet connection sharing) and make the computers wifi act as an access point through ad-hoc, and so the computer acts like a modem, the pre can simply connect to this "modem" (the computer - which is connected to the internet (With U.S Proxy) via the router) and then the result will be the pre thinking its in the U.S =P.

Hmm true, but an paid app catalog for EU patch would be great , but in the meantime, we'd have to figure this out for ourselves.

Whether there is anything to figure out or we are just wasting our time is another matter though =/.
    Be patient Daniel-san. It will come.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    and registering a virtual cc.
    And how does this work? I didn't know this was possible....
    I know there are PAYG cards but can you pick the country origin?

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    There 1.3.1 support actually =P. You need to change the version in the makefile to 1.3.1.
    Did you change the make file? I got an error msg while using the 1.3.1 GSM version telling me that I don't have the correct version of the jar file. It was 1.15am so I decided to call it a day and will try more tonight.

Vas
    Well, in the process my USB connection got fried, so here's a big thanks to Palm for making such crappy phones.

On your PC or on your Pre?

Vas
    On the Pre. It charges but won't connect to the computer anymore (something it did perfectly before).
    Have you installed any patches recently?
    There are some that they set "charge only" etc etc

I would take it back to where you got it from but maybe check your patches and do run a Doc on it too....

Let us know more..
    Vas