Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Frustrated by the 1.3.1 OS upgrade that changed the way POP e-mail deletes, I decieded to try the patch for email-read-delete-all. I used WebOSQuickInstall to install Luna Manager and Preware. I then tried using Preware to install this patch.

The errors listed in the IPKG log that seem apparent to me are:

Postinst
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 36. (Hunks 2 and 3 succeeeded).
    1 of 3 hunkes FAILE - saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    (I'm not sure how I can browse this file).

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

What to do next?

Thanks,
    JimR

PS - will changing my mail servers to IMAP eliminate the problem with POP deletions? What is the downside of changing from POP to IMAP?
    Quote Originally Posted by flaflashr View Post
    Frustrated by the 1.3.1 OS upgrade that changed the way POP e-mail deletes, I decieded to try the patch for email-read-delete-all. I used WebOSQuickInstall to install Luna Manager and Preware. I then tried using Preware to install this patch.

The errors listed in the IPKG log that seem apparent to me are:

Postinst
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 36. (Hunks 2 and 3 succeeeded).
    1 of 3 hunkes FAILE - saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    (I'm not sure how I can browse this file).

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

What to do next?

Thanks,
    JimR

PS - will changing my mail servers to IMAP eliminate the problem with POP deletions? What is the downside of changing from POP to IMAP?
    Do you have any other email patches installed?
    there was an patch that caused some trouble with other people called the add priority buttons patch and the email in landscape patch butthats all i know of right this sec.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    there was also another one swap patch cant remember exactly what it was called but it had some issues with other patches as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by flaflashr View Post
    ...I used WebOSQuickInstall to install Luna Manager and Preware...
    For those not sure how to do a quick Luna Restart or Java Restart or what Luna Manger is, there is now an official Luna Manager Thread.

Thanks, Oil!

- Craig