1.    #1  
    Ok guys here is what happened:

I plugged my phone into my comp and set it to USB Data device so I can add some pics to it.

After I was done with the pics I pressed the "eject" button down on the taskbar area on the lower right (running Windows 7 Pro 32bit)

It didn't work, so I then unplugged the cable. Usually when I do this it just restarts my phone to the regular screen.

Instead it just got frozen on the Palm startup screen with no glowing "palm"

So I did the sym+orange+r to reset the phone. This got the phone to reset and got me a glowing "palm" again. But it didn't get me to the desktop area of my phone...just stuck on the glowing "palm" screen.

So I plugged my cable back in while it was glowing and it then proceeded to the desktop screen.

So now everytime I restart my phone in order to get past the glowing "palm" screen I have to plug in the USB cable from my computer. Obviously this is annoying so I was hoping someone here would have a fix that wouldn't require me to DR the phone.

Any feedback is appreciated.

(I'm running 1.3.1 and haven't installed any new patches or apps recently...the only patches I do run are the basic styling changing ones)
    well try pulling the battery first for a few 10 20 sec. if that does not work read my signature to put in usb if you can not and run webos repair utility and see if it can fix. it wont hurt any personal data and usually fixes issues like this
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well try pulling the battery first for a few 10 20 sec. if that does not work read my signature to put in usb if you can not and run webos repair utility and see if it can fix. it wont hurt any personal data and usually fixes issues like this
    Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I did actually try a number of batter pulls for various lengths (5 seconds - 10 minutes) before figuring out the method I used to get it back on. None made any difference.

I don't have a problem getting it into USB mode after its started.

The problem is actually getting it started without plugging it in to the computer. This is obviously a problem since I don't always have my computer in front of me.

Obviously something got messed up and needs to be fixed. I'll try running the repair utility and see if I have any luck unless someone has any ideas.
  4.    #4  
    Well I ran the Repair Utility...

It only found a bunch of errors with messaging and email files...but I think somehow it might have still fixed the problem.

So far I have 1 good restart. Hopefully it holds up!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Where can this Repair Utility be found?