Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Ok, so I was unistalling package manager and preware through webOS QI today. I removed it so that I could install a new app from the Pre app store,a problem that I've been having with package manager service since version 0.9.13 where it says I don't enough memory to install new apps. So, I got the new app and then I tried to reinstall PMS and Preware through WebOS QI, package manager first and then Preware but Preware would not show up in my launcher even though it showed that it had installed on WebOS QI. I even reset the phone, did a luna and java reset. So then I decide to just unistall package manager service and try again but then WebOS QI gave me an error saying "error 18" and it was unable to unistall the PMS.

With that all said now my phone shows offline, I've tried numerous resets and I pulled the battery but nothing works. I know that the issue is with PMS/Preware/WebOS QI because I made a few phone calls after I originally unistalled PMS and Preware and after I downloaded the new app (accuweather premium).

So, anybody have any idea what could have happened? How could PMS/Preware/WebOS QI have anything to do with the phone mode?

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    Ok, so I was unistalling package manager and preware through webOS QI today. I removed it so that I could install a new app from the Pre app store,a problem that I've been having with package manager service since version 0.9.13 where it says I don't enough memory to install new apps. So, I got the new app and then I tried to reinstall PMS and Preware through WebOS QI, package manager first and then Preware but Preware would not show up in my launcher even though it showed that it had installed on WebOS QI. I even reset the phone, did a luna and java reset. So then I decide to just unistall package manager service and try again but then WebOS QI gave me an error saying "error 18" and it was unable to unistall the PMS.

With that all said now my phone shows offline, I've tried numerous resets and I pulled the battery but nothing works. I know that the issue is with PMS/Preware/WebOS QI because I made a few phone calls after I originally unistalled PMS and Preware and after I downloaded the new app (accuweather premium).

So, anybody have any idea what could have happened? How could PMS/Preware/WebOS QI have anything to do with the phone mode?

TIA.
    when all else fails u can hit the doctor...
    you can try first webos repair utility with override.... This is going tto restore the files, if doesn't work there is the doctor but first back up ur usb inf!
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    ...did a luna and java reset....
    For those not sure how to do a quick Luna Restart or Java Restart or what Luna Manger is, there is now an official Luna Manager Thread.

Thanks, Oil!

- Craig
    I had to swap my phone out when this happened, it was unrecoverable
    Selling Pre Accessories since selling PRE, check this thread;

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...ml#post2208539