1.    #1  
    Some keys on my pad are acting up, the m,b,x and z keys work sometime, other times the don't. And my speaker is jacked up. My wife just ran it by the Sprint store and they said it was unrepairable. He asked about us having insurance and we don't. He said I could contact Palm or get insurance and then in a week or so file a claim. I can't believe a Sprint employee recommended this.
    It's not like he'll get a change in pay depending upon wither or not your Pre gets repaired or not, why wouldn't he tell you how most people get around a similar situation. It'll still cost you a $100 deductible anyway.

But yeah, sounds like something most people trade for a refurbished, just when you do make sure it's 100%, you should never be able to tell the difference between a refurbished and a new.
    You have a 1 year manufacturers warranty from Palm. Call them at (877) 426-3777 for service.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - In-warranty repair services (US & Canada)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    okay, NOONE has had their Pre for more than a year. with or without insurance your phone is under a 1 year warranty and your store should remedy that for you, maybe not with an out of store replacement, but at least with one via mail in which you have to mail them back your old phone.

fromn sprint's website:
    Last updated: Jun 29, 2009

We will cover the manufacturer warranty for mechanical or electrical failure at a Sprint service location for one year from the date of your device's original activation.

Support - Article
    They don't repair the Pre in store anyways, so technically he isn't wrong, they can't repair it, but they sure as hell better replace it.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    everybody is missing the big question. Why did the rep say it was unrepairable? The only reason a Service Center wouldnt swap the device is if there is liquid or physical damage.

And to address the poster who said the techs pay doesnt differ is wrong. service techs get paid a commission just like sales reps so i doubt the rep would just let a perfectly good repair/swap walk out the door unless there is a perfectly good reason or the rep is new.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    That's ridiculous. People here are getting replacements for way less like USB doors breaking off.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    everybody is missing the big question. Why did the rep say it was unrepairable? The only reason a Service Center wouldnt swap the device is if there is liquid or physical damage.

good call, i just assumed the keys issue was due to a wiggy phone. but you are correct, if the damage is because of something the owner did, he/she could very well be out of luck.
    Yeah if you call Palm they may just have you deal with sprint. As sprint is a cert. repair shop for palm. Or so this is what I heard. I think it was even in last weeks podcast.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
  10.    #10  
    They wouldnt mess with it since I didnt buy it there
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    They wouldnt mess with it since I didnt buy it there
    I didn't buy my Pre at the Sprint store I take it to, but they always fix it. Did you not buy it from Sprint at all? It doesn't sound like you're telling the whole story.
  12.    #12  
    I didnt buy it from Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    I didnt buy it from Sprint
    Then take it back to where you bought it?
  14.    #14  
    I'm on phone with Palm now, they are setting up a repair
    Ahh will thats good news!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
  16.    #16  
    Bad news is no Pre for 5-7 days. And I asked if I would get a new Pre and he said it would be the same one, so I am worried and not sure if I will keep it when I get it back