Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Seeing as how gestures are awesome and there's no use to the shiny nob called the "home" button that is taking up realty on my device, I would like to have more functionality added to it.

The problem is that I can't think of anything that gestures don't already have down, so there's no point requesting a patch or learning how to patch myself (if it's at all possible to change home button actions).
    Ending calls is the only one I could think of. Making it more of a multipurpose center button isn't really needed yet but to me it's worse than the untouched gpu since it's right in my face everyday.

What do you want YOUR home button to do

I haven't seen any other threads on this and if there are forgive me.
    Last edited by grynv; 11/25/2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    All I ask is that it let me take pictures in the camera app. So many times I press that button only to realize that I have to use that thing on the screen, the space bar, or the volume rocker patch.
    it'd be nice if you could push the "home" button and it kills all the apps that are currently open. Maybe have a confirm page pop up and you click "yes" to kill all apps to prevent accidental killings.
    I would rather the button be a trackball, like the Hero's. It would make cursor placement the one-handed operation it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    it'd be nice if you could push the "home" button and it kills all the apps that are currently open. Maybe have a confirm page pop up and you click "yes" to kill all apps to prevent accidental killings.
    You know, I'd like the opposite, instead of killing all multitasking, I'd like to be able to assign applications to it, and when I click it it'll open them all. So when, after I reboot, or after a crazy close-fit I will click it and up'll come my Email, Tweed, Internet Page to Precentral, Pandora, Irc, Dr. Podder, ect.

I think waking from sleep would be a good use for the button as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I would rather the button be a trackball, like the Hero's. It would make cursor placement the one-handed operation it should be.
    I would love it if it was a trackball
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I second the camera button idea. Also, if nothing is running, or in card view, it would be cool to have it open the launcher.
    I would love it to switch on the pre...
    I'm hoping WebOS builds support for voice control, at which point the home button would be a great way to activate the feature, but that's a ways off I suppose.
    I kind of miss the 5-way navigator from the Palm OS.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I never realized used the hardware navigation so much until I recently used my brother's centro. Then i reaaallly missed it.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    hmm maybe an app that modifies the home button controls would satisfy everyone.
    From the looks of things apps can't seem to run in the background without the dashboard.
    I'll take the initiative and learn how to patch
    i would be a fan of a trackball
    This signature for rent
    Works fine the way it is. Use it to reduce window before swiping up to close.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    Works fine the way it is. Use it to reduce window before swiping up to close.
    but there's a gesture that does that which is way easier to do, no need to have two ways to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandoncjr View Post
    but there's a gesture that does that which is way easier to do, no need to have two ways to do something.
    While i would lie the function to change as well, i do disagree with your statement. There should always be another way to do things... just in case....