Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey precentral... I have had a single glitch with this patch and I wanna know what all the hype is about removing it. I love my pre way more now that I get more battery life and just a snappier os. Seeing how I haven't had a single problem, should I still remove it anyways? Is there like a long effect I don't know about?
    Well as it is a dangerous patch it could damage your phone.

There have already been reports of phones which have died, unrecoverable even with the Dr.

Additionally, it was under-clocked to 500mhz for a reason, early testing showed that the life expectancy of the processor dropped to below six months.

Essentially installing this patch puts you at risk of having a bricked phone, and without insurance you'd be in trouble (still have to pay $100 at least). And if everything fairs well short-term, you should expect a shorter life-span, though it could just affect flawed processors which would die in a short amount of time anyway.

You just have to decide if you want it to be snappier now (instead of waiting for an official update which will accomplish the same thing), or if you want your phone to last its expected life-time.
    Clocking your CPU to 600mhz will reduce the lifespan to 6 months. Your choice..

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Clocking your CPU to 600mhz will reduce the lifespan to 6 months. Your choice..
    can't get much clearer than that. I just uninstalled the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    Here's the non-mobile version if your into that kind of thing
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...stability.html
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I am running SR 600. If the phone lasts another 6 months it will be longer than expected. I am just being smart about letting it get too hot.
    where where where is it documented that 6 months is the life of the phone after this patch is installed?

that magic number sure is getting thrown around a lot now that these patches are the flavor of the month.
    with>>>>without
    so if your phone fries, how can sprint techs know it was running at 600mhz if it was fried? (im saying u shouldnt have to pay that $100 dedecut)
    Sprint wont. As far as they know it could have happen when it was charging! Anyways if WebOS Internals deem it not safe then your better off listening to them.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    How do I get SR600 back? I uninstalled it 3 days ago and now I can only download SR500.
    For me the pro's outweigh the cons. If it dies in six months I won't care to pay the $100. The improvement in performance is worth that to me, it has made that much of a difference.
    I would still like a link to documentation about this internet rumor. in all fairness running smartflex may mess up you phone cause palm did not implement it for a reason

c'mon people, i have not seen any of this references anywhere yet it is being spouted out like gospel. Please post a link to the said rumor confirmation.

Untill then, please put the 600MHz patch back. I hat to dr my phone for other reasons and miss that patch.
    The patch is still available on webosinternals' "index"page. You'll just have use WOSQI to install it.

(link)
    Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    For me the pro's outweigh the cons. If it dies in six months I won't care to pay the $100. The improvement in performance is worth that to me, it has made that much of a difference.

Ditto
    that won't install either!!!!!!
    and the edit code doesn't change it to 600mhz i'm getting so mad right now.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    if my pre dies in 6 months, and therefore lives almost a year, it will have lived longer than i expected it to without overclocking
    I guess i'll never see 600mhz again. Those 2 days were magical and now i'm stuck at stock CPU because I just can't get the damn thing to work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast