Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6 more months I'll be ready for the 1 year upgrade anyways
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so if your phone fries, how can sprint techs know it was running at 600mhz if it was fried? (im saying u shouldnt have to pay that $100 dedecut)
    $100 deductible? I've never had to pay anything for a broke phone. That's what TEP (Walk-in Ins.) is for. Phone breaks, go to store, they order me a new one. I've had like 4 or 5 replacement Moguls, almost the same amount for my TP and i'm on my 4th Pre as we speak. Never had to pay anything more than my $7 a month insurance.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    $100 deductible? I've never had to pay anything for a broke phone. That's what TEP (Walk-in Ins.) is for. Phone breaks, go to store, they order me a new one. I've had like 4 or 5 replacement Moguls, almost the same amount for my TP and i'm on my 4th Pre as we speak. Never had to pay anything more than my $7 a month insurance.
    I agree, wonder if webos-internals or whoever got the magical letter from palm / sprint "take it down or else" I would like to have it back too!! I knew the risks when I installed it, I like my chances!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    I agree, wonder if webos-internals or whoever got the magical letter from palm / sprint "take it down or else" I would like to have it back too!! I knew the risks when I installed it, I like my chances!!
    WebOS Internals has never received any correspondence from Palm or Sprint of that nature.

*We* made the decision to take it down due to multiple reports of devices unable to boot as a result of the 600MHz patches.

The patch remains available in raw source code form for anyone who wants to install it at their own risk.

See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2064238 for more details.

"First, do no harm"

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/26/2009 at 06:16 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I was using the smartflex 600 for two days, and on a restart it did the freeze as many reported. Removed batt and restarted; I've removed the patch. Agree that these are not a stable option yet.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    lucky i viewed this thread before I applied it
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    hopefully its in the next update
    The good news is once any new technology hits the airwaves, a stable version is not too far behind. Someone will figure this out.
    I installed the patch, i had a single crash when i was messing about with the phone too much.

However my phone has been *much* faster, im just gonna stick with the 600mhz patch.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    j
    I only initially had the pre crash directly after a reboot, however since there has not been any problems, that being said, i have reverted back to 500mhz with smartreflex.

The OMAP3430 has some thermal management issues when clocked at 600mhz causing its lifespan to decrease to 5,6 months. This is not Palms doing, both the Droid And n900 are clocked at 500mhz AFAIkAFAIkAFAIk $too$.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    where where where is it documented that 6 months is the life of the phone after this patch is installed?

that magic number sure is getting thrown around a lot now that these patches are the flavor of the month.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
    The good news is once any new technology hits the airwaves, a stable version is not too far behind. Someone will figure this out.
    that's a great point.

until midday yesterday, I was also of the opinion that I was willing to take my chances. But after a day of doing errands, the damn thing got so hot I thought the keyboard was gonna melt. I mean almost too hot to touch, and pretty much anytime I was using it. (outside of the house only... Curious).

anyways, I did decide to roll it back to the "nuclear" 500mhz powerflex, and simply enjoy the astoundingly better idle time, which in itself is a blessing.

and you know what I found? What with the download unthrottle patch installed, and the overall snappy update of 1.3.1, I'm finding the performance does NOT suck.

I'm not saying this patch didn't have a noticeable effect, but the baseline from which I had started was considerably higher than the stock pre I originally unboxed.

I'll be patient. Huge thnx to all developers who have worked to make this a better machine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12