1.    #1  
    discuss
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Do you have a calendar entry for today mentioning Thanksgiving?
    Are you using Google's calendar? I had this happen and noticed it last week. I just deleted the account from the Pre and then re-added it. That fixed it for me.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    no, it's the orange one at the top that Palm and or Sprint put on there for all holidays. it's nothing i've put there.
    ---
    johnny olsen
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyolsen View Post
    no, it's the orange one at the top that Palm and or Sprint put on there for all holidays. it's nothing i've put there.
    What?
    Well, we can't know what calendar you're referring to, because the color is arbitrary and user-selectable. Do this for me: In Calendar, hit the drop-down "Calendar" menu and choose "Preferences & Accounts". Then scroll down to where it says "Accounts" and tell us what accounts you have configured on your Pre.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  7.    #7  
    the holdiay notification is in orange and it's just under the date, above the actual calendar. not sure if that clears anything up lol
    ---
    johnny olsen
    It's red on my phone and has a heading of US Holidays under Google (if you tap the ALL button on the right of the title bar). Looks like a feature of Google to me.
    the holdiay notification is in orange and it's just under the date, above the actual calendar. not sure if that clears anything up lol
    It's still part of a calendar somewhere. The fact that it's just under the date like that just indicates that it's an all-day event, but it's still on one of your calendars.

What accounts do you have configured? One of them has a calendar function. If all you are using is the Palm profile I suggest you start migrating yourself to something more substantial and reliable like Google or Exchange.

But, please follow my instructions above regarding listing the accounts. This will give us a better picture of what's going on.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I'm more confused than anything now. I have no clue where you are talking about.
  11.    #11  
    under calendar, it says "palm profile" "facebook" and "google"
    ---
    johnny olsen
    It IS Thanksgiving...you must have overslept?

(Mmmmm....turkey!)
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It's red on my phone and has a heading of US Holidays under Google (if you tap the ALL button at the right of the title bar). Looks like a feature of Google to me.
    Yes, it's purple on mine. It's a Google calendar. But he denied using Google, so that's why I asked him to list his accounts for us so we could determine what it is.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I see Google listed
  15.    #15  
    i never denied using google your honor lol
    ---
    johnny olsen
    My guess is that if you didn't put the holiday in the phone yourself, it's coming from your Google calendar. The public US Holidays calendar is probably part of your Google account profile. Sometimes the entries don't get read properly by the Pre.

My suggestion is to remove the Google account from your Pre (make sure you still know your Google credentials) and then re-add it back. It will take the Pre a while to remove and add everything back, so give it some time. When you remove the account, it will remove ALL Google-based info (don't panic if stuff besides calendar stuff disappears. It will come back when you add Google back to your Pre). This will force the Pre to re-read everything from Google and should fix the problem.

I had this happen to me with the US Holidays calendar in Google. It had Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day all a day ahead on the Pre. Removing and re-adding the account fixed it.

It's probably some time-zone/DST bug that went undiagnosed.

Let us know if that worked for you.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Oh, and when you add Google back you should probably make it your default profile for Contacts, Calendar, Email, etc. I would not rely on the Palm Profile for these things because the Palm Profile offers you no way to manage the information from a desktop. Basically, the Palm Profile is only useful if you don't have any other cloud-based services available.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Are you using Google's calendar? I had this happen and noticed it last week. I just deleted the account from the Pre and then re-added it. That fixed it for me.
    i never denied using google your honor lol
    Haha! Well, it sounded like a denial to me, but we'll chalk it up to naivety regarding Google's calendars.

Hopefully, my suggestion will resolve it for you.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

You are sure you have the correct year listed right?
    show a screenshot
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast