1.    #1  
    I was so happy to have gotten a Pre that wasn't affected by any of the problems many users reported who got some of the first Pres sold. I waited outside of the Sprint store the day they came out and have had the same Pre since then. Today, my old Pre reset itself and the keyboard stopped working altogether. I went to Sprint and they gave me a brand new phone right then and there so hopefully this one won't give me any trouble.
    Brand new phone, or a brand new refurb? I finally got the Sprint store to order me a brand new phone after 6 replacements, should have it Friday.
    :-( Sorry man. I was afraid when my slider started acting up that I would have to get a refurb, but the store was able to fix it. Long live my original pre!
    Just a curious question:

The people who've been having big problems with phones and then getting brand new phones (or refurbs) do you need to pay for that new phone? if not, is it because of insurance? I'm not referring to returns or whatever within the 30 days, but after the 30 day time, like in the OP case. Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandoncjr View Post
    Just a curious question:

The people who've been having big problems with phones and then getting brand new phones (or refurbs) do you need to pay for that new phone? if not, is it because of insurance? I'm not referring to returns or whatever within the 30 days, but after the 30 day time, like in the OP case. Thanks for the help.
    I'm curious about this as well.. My Pre is starting to get that "oreo" effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandoncjr View Post
    Just a curious question:

If it is deemed a defect of the phone, Sprint will replace it (usually with a refurb) for no charge under warranty exchange. My launch day pre was replaced a couple weeks ago due to the power button failing.
    Is the warranty a year or is it less?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My gf's Pre is on the fritz. Everytime she places a call, the phone clicks constantly. The person on the other end can't hear her speaking during these clicks. Sometimes the silence lasts 30 seconds.

Sprint checked it out and ordered her a refurb at no charge. I am kind of annoyed they aren't giving her a new one...anyone have any issues with a refurb they've received or do they come in just like new working condition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    Sprint checked it out and ordered her a refurb at no charge. I am kind of annoyed they aren't giving her a new one...anyone have any issues with a refurb they've received or do they come in just like new working condition?
    I couldnt tell a difference between my refurb and my original pre. I've gotten refurbs before of other phones and they've always come in like new condition. I wouldnt worry too much.

At least with a refurb it has been looked over. Sure you could get a bad one, but so could you of a brand new out of box phone too.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    how ironic. Ive had my pre since launch day and had to get it replaced yesterday b/c the power button got jammed. The sprint store swapped it out with a new one, no questions asked. I love the replacement b/c there isnt any oreo effect what so ever and slider seems better.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    If Sprint can't fix the problem with your phone (which is most of the time!) they will simply swap it out for a refurbished one. If they are low on stock or out on the refurbs (which is not the case most of the time) they will issue you a brand new phone.
    Part of their customer service experience. If you really want to get a new phone make a big scene and ask to speak to the manager! ;-)
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me ONCE. Did you do a battery pull as that fixes the problem. It has not happen again for me. Battery pull > Refurb phone
    I finally had to get a replacement a few weeks ago from my launch day pre...it was a refurb and it blows. It has the Oreo effect issue, which my original did not have. It also has some weird sound that occasionally pops up during conversations, kind of like a blown speaker sound....occurs around 30% of the time. Lastly, when on headset mode, the entire phone will freeze....conversation will continue but I can't do anything. So when the caller hangs up I have to pull the battery out to get it working again. That has happened 3 times so far! Pretty disappointed with the replacement but haven't gone back to get another yet (I don't have service plan so not sure if they will tell me to send it to Palm.....)
    Oh boy. I have had 7 refurbs so far (9th overall Pre. First 2 were new). I have yet to pay for any of them because none of the issues were my fault. Sprint has been relatively good with all of the refurbs and getting me them in a timely manner. I just wish that after 7, they would have buckled down and got me a new one.

#9 is hanging on strong with no problems. I probably just jinxed myself and am going to drop it in the toilet and have to pay $100. Oh well.