Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Is there a way to stop the emails that I get in Google whenever an event is scheduled? I already get notified on my phone, and an alert if i'm in Gmail. I don't need an email as well telling me what i have going on.

It didn't used to work like this but since 1.2 it's been doing this. I figured they would have fixed it in 1.3, but i guess not.

2 steps forward. 1 step back.
    I believe you have the option to choice what type of notification you receive.
    After you create an event in Google calender, click on edit event details and you will see a drop down box with different options for notification.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I had to create a filter in GMail to automatically delete the calender email notifications. I posted about this in Google's forums, but never saw any replies. Feh...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    After you create an event in Google calender, click on edit event details and you will see a drop down box with different options for notification.
    But if I'm creating the events on my phone, I may not have access to a computer, and i definitely don't want to be doing this on a per event basis. It seems like there should be a setting to stop from happening to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    But if I'm creating the events on my phone, I may not have access to a computer, and i definitely don't want to be doing this on a per event basis. It seems like there should be a setting to stop from happening to begin with.
    You have the option to add and or remove the different notifications and I believe that what you set up in one event becomes the default notification for any future events.
    Last edited by leftyman; 11/25/2009 at 10:15 AM.