1.    #1  
    bought a palm pre (QUERTZ keyboard) from berryaccessories.com (that I knew, doing all the reading in here, would probably not work on at&t 3G in contrary to what they advertize). but besides that "minor" issue, everything else seems to be working fine:

-was offered to update to 1.3.1 as soon as I turned it on
    -app catalog (bought LaunchPoint Speed Dial)
    -wi-fi of course
    -all calls seem to work fine as well
    -web (EDGE only)

anyway, how can I check which band(s) the phone is currently using besides trusting the "E" or "3G"...? any network info you can display in the launcher?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    soda
    fort lauderdale, fl usa
    What plan do you have for net, how much is it per month?
  3.    #3  
    $69 900 min + $30 unlimited data 3G and 200 messages
    soda
    fort lauderdale, fl usa
    Hm, did you consider getting t-mobile, unless you are tied to your contract or have problems with t-mobile coverage for 70$ you would get unlimited text, 1000 minutes and web(edge only with pre) with no contract.
    Too bad AT&T doesn't have some cheaper limited data plan.

Anyways, what do you mean with which bands the phone is using?
    EDGE is pure GSM , pimped up GPRS. 3G (UMTS, HSDPA) uses different bands.
    AT&T uses 850 and 1900 GSM bands (EDGE) which pre also has.
    And your pre only has european 3G bands, 2100 and 900 which are not supported by AT&T (it would need 850 and 1900 MHz UMTS, HSDPA bands).
    The mexican pre has both of these 3G bands.

It would be much better if Palm produced one quadband gsm, triband hsdpa handset, I have no idea why they went this route.
  5.    #5  
    I'm looking for a way to confirm that I'm using 850MHz not 1900MHz.

I'm not using t-mobile nor sprint because of their lack of good nation-wide coverage, but rather at&t or verizon instead. money is not my main concern here, coverage.
    soda
    fort lauderdale, fl usa