Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I just got in app catalog from my gsm pre and I can download paid and free apps! Also my app number went to 441. I am using eu 1.3.1.
    Just checked. With my German Pre there are still 61 apps
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Joke post? 83 apps here. Can you fill in your creditcard anywhere?
  4.    #4  
    I'm not joking! I have a german pre but I have uk in regional settings. I can post photos with gbp as currency to prove that I'm saying the truth
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parismessios3 View Post
    Also my app number went to 441. I am using eu 1.3.1.
    Same here Paid apps are listed with prices in euro. Haven't tried yet to buy one, though...

Did you use Sprint-branded 1.2.1 or 1.3.1 on your gsm Pre? My girlfriend's phone went straight up from 1.1.3 eu to 1.3.1 eu, she only finds ~60 apps. Mine was flashed to 1.2.1 Sprint and auto-updated to 1.3.1 Sprint last week before I 'doctored' it back to 1.1.3 eu in expectation of the regular update. So maybe my Palm profile still places me on the wrong side of the Atlantic ocean .
    Regards,
    joschi
  6.    #6  
    I have the eu os! Also when I try to buy an app it says not available in my region. Also, I have found a tetris app from ea!
    Holy crap if this is true =P. But most are saying no so...

You using EU 1.3.1?
    Did you modify the app catalog in any way?
    Are you using QWERTY or QWERTZ pre?
    Where are you located?
  8.    #8  
    I'm using EU 1.3.1
    I didn't modify anything
    QWERTZ
    Cyprus
    I'm using EU 1.3.1
    I didn't modify anything
    QWERTZ
    Cyprus
    Thanks, can you post a screenshot if possible?
    I don't mean to be funny but where are people seeing the number of apps in the catalogue?

No paid apps as far as I can tell here.

Ah, just noticed that I can search for '' and it lists 87 apps, all free.

UK O2 sim, nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I don't mean to be funny but where are people seeing the number of apps in the catalogue?

No paid apps as far as I can tell here.

Ah, just noticed that I can search for '' and it lists 87 apps, all free.

UK O2 sim, nothing special.
    Meh, same here, 87 apps when reverting back to 1.3.1 EU app catalog.

I call fake

Holy crap!

Hmm i cant seem to replicate =/

Whats your regional settings?
  13.    #14  
    Language
    English
    United Kingdom

Formats
    United Kingdom
    Maybe it's just the folk on O2 that still can't see paid apps.

That said I just tried removing the sim and booting up on wifi only and still only got 87 apps. It probably has something to do with having used the sprint firmware at some point in the past (I never did) and getting something in your profile as a result.

Still, it shows that it is all set up to work for us (stirling payments and all). Maybe we won't have long to wait.
    Language
    English
    United Kingdom

Formats
    United Kingdom
    Thanks.

Damn i cant replicate =/, but i am using sprint 1.3.1 OS =P, but with EU 1.3.1 App catalog.

Thanks for the info, might be a one-off, not sure, we will have to see how things roll out.
  16.    #17  
    I have never used a Sprint firmware. I just used doctor 1.1.3 (meta-doctor to bypass activation) yesterday because I had a problem with sms and restored my profile and upgraded to 1.3.1. Now I have this app catalog.
    The only thing that's new in the app catalog for me since upgrading to eu 1.3.1 is that some apps show up as pay for apps (and funny enough the price is quoted in SEK, not $). I also get an app count of 441, but can only download the free apps. I am in Sweden with a qwerty phone with RSC, English w Swedish formats.
    I have never used a Sprint firmware. I just used doctor 1.1.3 (meta-doctor to bypass activation) yesterday because I had a problem with sms and restored my profile and upgraded to 1.3.1. Now I have this app catalog.
    Ahh ok, can you enter credit card information by any chance?
  19.    #20  
    There isn't any option for credit card yet or I at least I don't see one.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast