Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just contacted sprint, and I told them of the problem with my phone, that I lost all my contacts after the new Palm Phone, and not only that but this is my 4th Palm Pre. And they apologized, and said no compensation whatsoever will be given.

I think that is a joke. There was no way for me to backup my contacts. At least the people at Sidekick offered some compensation over the matter. This is a complete joke.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    have you contacted palm yet? I lost all mine as well, sprint sent me to palm which I then spoke to two techs, after a bit they said a higher lvl tech would call me back. It took a few days for them to call but were able to restore my contacts that were previously lost after I updated. I'd call them if I were you, and when they call back, the # is listed as blocked so keep that in mind.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I just contacted sprint, and I told them of the problem with my phone, that I lost all my contacts after the new Palm Phone, and not only that but this is my 4th Palm Pre. And they apologized, and said no compensation whatsoever will be given.

I think that is a joke. There was no way for me to backup my contacts. At least the people at Sidekick offered some compensation over the matter. This is a complete joke.
    Are you serious? Why should anyone pay because you haven't learned a lesson that should've been learned long before now. Perhaps with all the backup possibilities you got confused. Besides how did you get your initial contacts in to begin with?
    How is this Sprint's fault? Palm is the one to blame, not Sprint. Your backups are on the Palm servers, not Sprint. And how have you not backed up your contacts elsewhere (Google, Outlook, etc)? Several options are available.

Do you still have your contacts on your older phone (Samsung, Nokia, etc)? You can take your older phone and have your contacts ported over to your new Pre at Sprint. They'll do it for free.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    They won't compensate you unless you file a lawsuit. Get to it.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    What sort of "compensation" were you expecting? A dollar for every contact? Not likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    What sort of "compensation" were you expecting? A dollar for every contact? Not likely.

something for nothing.
    As stated above its not sprints fault.. So u really cant expect them to give you anything.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    They won't compensate you unless you file a lawsuit. Get to it.
    OK I have to hit this one....

I checked I have family that practices corporate law...

Find a shister attorney and try to sue, if by chance the court hears your case, you will be in for a long battle to prove that you didnt do something to lose yours contacts. You will rack up massive legal bills (probably around $20,000+) and if you win youll end up with about $100. So go ahead spend $20,000 to get $100.

You really have no ground to stand on, and chances are you wont even find an attorney to take the case. Your contacts are not covered by any part of the contract you signed with Sprint, nor is there any guarantee from Palm on contacts...its a free service that you never paid for.

It's just like your ISP.....they mess up your e-mail, they are not liable, as E-mail is a free service they give you, your paying for the internet connection not the free e-mail service.

I think it's funny tho that he wants compensated for for his contacts

(A.D.D. Moment: if his contacts were that valuable he wouldn't be on this forum in the first place, and even in the event he was----were his contacts worth that much that loss would cause a hardship, shame on him for not backing them up)
    <Waits for inevitable Class Action Suit conversation>

Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Gotta agree with the others, it isn't really Sprints fault. But you could bring up the fact you are on your 4th Pre and see what they can do for you. When tech support sent me my 3rd this past Monday I asked to speak with retentions and explained how I have had all these problems and they ended up giving me a $20/month credit over the next 2 years for all of the issues. Just don't go in guns blazing. Be calm and professional and they will be more eager to give you what you want. Just explain your situation and that if nothing can be done to rectify the issue you will be considering transferring to a different provider. Best of luck and just make sure you learn from your mistake and backup your stuff from now on.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Why didn't you back them up???
    You know i can go both ways on this argument of the compensation thing. But correct me if im wrong ,besides the palm fan boys (such as myself) who have been using palm products forever. the purpose of the phone the way it is sold is to be able to "pull" and sync your contacts from google ,palm ,yahoo facebook etc or the "cloud" of your choice so to speak. Now if i choose to do this (sync) with anyone else other than palm servers and loose my data, then shame on me. but when a company sells YOU a phone with this feature and it fails to provide you with the service that IS included as a feature of the phone, then yes i believe there should be some type of compensation from PALM .
    And for the record this is my 3 PRE the second time the sync work but the 3rd time only 3 contact came down . fortunately me knowing palm and using them forever these were contact backed up from my Treos of old which i still have until i know they got it right.
    but for people who do not have the history with palm will not be as fortunate..
    My opinion is they should have left it to the responsibility of the user and provided us a way to sync remotely to our own computer(s). I leave mine on so it would be a perfect solution for me and most likely for other too..
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Remember the old days when you would have to remember numbers or write them down to input them into a new phone??

I'm only 39, but I remember my 1st mobile phone in a bag that I had to carry around with me. When I got a new phone I had to manually put numbers back in. Compensation... Really??? What do you think is fair? 1 dollar a number? 100 dollars a number? or is it 1,000 dollars? Free Sprint service for life?
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Remember the old days when you would have to remember numbers or write them down to input them into a new phone??

I'm only 39, but I remember my 1st mobile phone in a bag that I had to carry around with me. When I got a new phone I had to manually put numbers back in. Compensation... Really??? What do you think is fair? 1 dollar a number? 100 dollars a number? or is it 1,000 dollars? Free Sprint service for life?
    1) I never said anything about Sprint compensating anyone i said Palm.
    2) Your bag phone was not sold to you with "cloud" services included as a feature of the phone.
    and for the record im 38 and do remember the day of the full 3watt!!t bag phones
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream View Post
    You know i can go both ways on this argument of the compensation thing. But correct me if im wrong ,besides the palm fan boys (such as myself) who have been using palm products forever. the purpose of the phone the way it is sold is to be able to "pull" and sync your contacts from google ,palm ,yahoo facebook etc or the "cloud" of your choice so to speak. Now if i choose to do this (sync) with anyone else other than palm servers and loose my data, then shame on me. but when a company sells YOU a phone with this feature and it fails to provide you with the service that IS included as a feature of the phone, then yes i believe there should be some type of compensation from PALM .
    And for the record this is my 3 PRE the second time the sync work but the 3rd time only 3 contact came down . fortunately me knowing palm and using them forever these were contact backed up from my Treos of old which i still have until i know they got it right.
    My opinion is they should have left it to the responsibility of the user and provided us a way to sync remotely to our own computer(s). I leave mine on so it would be a perfect solution for me and most likely for other too..
    OK but the fact remains......IT IS AN ADD ON BONUS, the feature, and not what your paying for...You are paying for the phone and or data service, anything else is gravy...(ITS ALL IN THE PAPERS YOU SIGNED)
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    1) I never said anything about Sprint compensating anyone i said Palm.
    2) Your bag phone was not sold to you with "cloud" services included as a feature of the phone.
    and for the record im 38 and do remember the day of the full 3watt!!t bag phones
    Palm is not liable for anything....they provide a phone that is capable of many things, but not neccisarily will it do it because its capable.

The "cloud" is a freebie convienince.......if they wanted they could start charging us for it, as Sprint charged for back up in the past.

Only if they charged us would we have any legal recourse to ask for any compensation.

BAG PHONE...LOL I HAD THE "BRICK".....guess I'm a little older
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    the purpose of the phone the way it is sold is to be able to "pull" and sync your contacts from google ,palm ,yahoo facebook etc or the "cloud" of your choice so to speak. Now if i choose to do this (sync) with anyone else other than palm servers and loose my data, then shame on me. but when a company sells YOU a phone with this feature and it fails to provide you with the service that IS included as a feature of the phone, then yes i believe there should be some type of compensation from PALM .
    Look at what you said....

IT IS ABLE TO...NOT GUARANTEED TO!!!
    the purpose of the phone the way it is sold is to be able to "pull" and sync your contacts from google ,palm ,yahoo facebook etc or the "cloud" of your choice so to speak. Now if i choose to do this (sync) with anyone else other than palm servers and loose my data, then shame on me.
    This is why suits like this seldom happen, and when they do are seldom successful.

If you made that argument, a knowledgable lawyer (assuming they chose to fight rather than settle) would shut you down.

The "sync" function didn't fail. The backup function failed. Palm doesn't provide any sync service for the Palm Profile. They only provide a backup.
    Oh so back in the day when the boxes the the Treo's came in where labeled that it would be wifi capable and then later recanted it because they couldn't do it ( when that was the reason some bought the phone was for that feature) was ok too. they got last a class action suit because of it . so what is the differents here as far as im concerned wifi in a treo what a "gravy" feature whether it be software or hardware, a feature non the less.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast