Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok. After updating to 1.3.1, preware was working fine. A little slower, but fine.

However, starting this morning, when I attempt to launch preware, I get an error readin ''OnFeeds Error TypeError: cannot call method 'split' of undefined''

this leaves all options and feed preferences grayed out.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both package manager service and preware, with no luck.

if anyone knows what is causing this and/or how to fix it please reply.

thanks
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Same here. Does not seem related to anything else (that I am aware of) other than one of the last things I remember removing via Preware was preLoader (I think).
    if you did not reboot phone after updating that your problem . you always have to update preware after update because it will run like crap if you dont
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    wonder help shadavis, minus the lack of help. I updated the phone, rebooted cuz I'm not an *****, and preware ran slower for everyone on 1.3.1 for everyone until a recent update.

my problem is, that preware worked just fine, then all of a sudden stopped.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    It still wouldn't work at 8 AM, I tried again at 10:15, now it does. Go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by scarroll14 View Post
    wonder help shadavis, minus the lack of help. I updated the phone, rebooted cuz I'm not an *****, and preware ran slower for everyone on 1.3.1 for everyone until a recent update.

my problem is, that preware worked just fine, then all of a sudden stopped.
    fisrt of all i did not say you were an ***** second of all your not very bright talking to others in these threads like that because when you do ,you open yourself up to get nothing from others in here if your just gonna talk down to people that just offer up something that could help. now if you would have been specific in stating that you had already restarted then i would have said nothing . so take that and chew on it maybe you will get smarter than the rest of us !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    fisrt of all i did not say you were an ***** second of all your not very bright talking to others in these threads like that because when you do ,you open yourself up to get nothing from others in here if your just gonna talk down to people that just offer up something that could help. now if you would have been specific in stating that you had already restarted then i would have said nothing . so take that and chew on it maybe you will get smarter than the rest of us !!
    Shadavis, I apologize If you felt I was trying to insult you. I am merely exasperated by the fact that this is an error I cant seem to find help for, from this thread or from searches of this forum or the internet at large.

Have you or anyone else had this problem? And how did you go about resolving it?
    i would uninstall the program and then reinstall it and see if that fixes it! pretty easy to do and it may fix the problem, also you could open webos QI go into the feeds apps. and reinstall diffstat and gnu patch and see if that works first ,it may not have updated correctly when you updated preware last. ??? thats all i can think of right now.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I had reset the entire phone because I was having trouble getting rid of a theme. When I reset my phone, preware was erased but the theme was not. Now, it reads
    OnFeeds Error...TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined. Can someone please give me direction on how to resolve this problem.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    +1
    +1
    Make sure you remove preware & patch manager using Quickinstall and then reinstall them. Also once that is done I suggest you run Emergency Miragtion Helper (EMH) that cleans up any old homebrew apps you might have and moves them over. If you go to List Everything in Preware you will find it.
    I had this same problem after updating to 1.3.5.. I fixed it by updating the Package Manager Service to 9.27 via WebOS Quick Install.. have you tried that?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Search the forums and quit reposting.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am having the same error. Reinstalled package manager and preware no fix! I do not have the update installed yet either. It was working fine the other day!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Version Palm WebOS 1.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Make sure you remove preware & patch manager using Quickinstall and then reinstall them. Also once that is done I suggest you run Emergency Miragtion Helper (EMH) that cleans up any old homebrew apps you might have and moves them over. If you go to List Everything in Preware you will find it.
    dumb question...how exactly do I unistall via Quickinstall? I don't see an uninstall option. Thanks!
    had this happen too, i had to remove and install the pms and preware. I did not run the emo helper because I have preform two full erases and figured they would just be installed in the right spot.
    After 1.3.5 update, Preware failed as above. I followed the Shadavis08 advice to reboot. Shut the Pre down completely, then restarted. Preware works again. Thanks! Ran the Emergency Migration Helper following FesterTreo's suggestion. Now Classic, Pandora and other apps are updated. Thanks!
    I am on Bell and just upgraded to 1.3.5, was getting various Preware errors the past week and got the OnFeeds error, came across this thread. I uninstalled Preware, reinstalled it through QI ( not sure if that was necessary ), rebooted the phone, and now Preware seems to be working fine. Thanks for the suggestions Shadavis08 and everyone else.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast