1.    #1  
    After installing many homebrew apps and tweaks/patches and having a feeling that perhaps webOS 1.3.1 feels a bit slower and less memory-friendly (I can't seem to keep many apps open without the dreaded "too many cards open" message), I'm seriously thinking of starting again fresh.

As with Windows (please, I realize the comparison is lacking, but bear with me here), the OS may feel a bit sluggish after a while, specially with so many apps being installed and removed, that an OS reinstall gives you a fresh start.

Since the closest to an OS reinstall on webOS is the webOS doctor utility, I'm planning on running it to restore my Pre to factory setting. I do, however, have a few questions:

- Contacts: many of my contacts have a picture associated with them. Making matters more complicated, some have their pictures added via Google Contacts, and some through the Contact app directly, by using a picture located on the Pre. I should mention that ALL my contacts are either linked to Google Contacts or to my Palm profile (transferred from my Treo).

Would/should I backup my contacts in any other way (other than the default Palm backup utility)? Is it true I will have to re-link all the contacts over again?

- Is there anything that the Palm backup utility does not backup that I need to be concerned? All my media (pictures, videos, music) is stored elsewhere.

- Is there anything else I should watch out for before running webOS doctor?

Thanks in advance! Any tips or suggestions from the wiser collective are appreciated!
    Make sure your contacts are backed up elsewhere! Just lost all of mine
  3.    #3  
    Well, as mentioned on the OP, the contacts are also linked to my Google account -got any suggestions of other ways to back them up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Well, as mentioned on the OP, the contacts are also linked to my Google account -got any suggestions of other ways to back them up?
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information
    Follow Me On

I believe the front page has some suggestions.
    contacts. and pics back them up
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    This morning I ran the webOS Doctor on my Pre as I also felt it was running poorly. After I ran the Doc the phone came up like expected asking to log into my Palm Profile and then restored my contacts and prompt me to enter my passwords for each linked account.

Once back at the launcher I accidentally touched the Photos application icon and saw my photos. Then I launched the Music Player and all my music was still on the device.

Does the new webOS Doctor for 1.3.1 leave the media partition untouched now? IIRC... The last time I doctored my phone (believe it was with 1.2.0) it wiped everything, including media.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawspot View Post
    This morning I ran the webOS Doctor on my Pre as I also felt it was running poorly. After I ran the Doc the phone came up like expected asking to log into my Palm Profile and then restored my contacts and prompt me to enter my passwords for each linked account.

Once back at the launcher I accidentally touched the Photos application icon and saw my photos. Then I launched the Music Player and all my music was still on the device.

Does the new webOS Doctor for 1.3.1 leave the media partition untouched now? IIRC... The last time I doctored my phone (believe it was with 1.2.0) it wiped everything, including media.
    I had the same experience. I felt my Pre was running slower than usual, among other issues, so i used the WebOS Doctor a an hour ago. Files that were not added through Itunes were gone. However, my files that I have loaded through itunes remain on the phone after a successful run with webOS doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawspot View Post

I doctored my phone a few days ago. Kept EVERYTHING except some apps and contacts. Still, back them up.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I can't get webos doctor to work.....all it says is checking system....then my pc freezes....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!