Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by linksocc View Post
    Well, for now I got a verizon phone, but before that I called sprint and made up a story, I told them that I needed to roam and that my phone was disconecting a lot while "ocasionally" roaming, and they said they would look into it, and what do you know, I was cruising on evdo for a week before I permanently moved to verizon. And my headaches are now over, but I bet they'll come back when I get my new bill
    Ah okay, did you get a Pre Plus? The now-free wifi tethering is very enticing but I just can't justify the extra $40 per month for the normal plan.
  2.    #82  
    Hey all! Thanks for all the thank you. It's nice to see others value my work around as much as I do. My pre had been out of commission for a while, but my new one just shipped in I've updated this thread with instructions that work as of patch 1.4.1 as I see many of you have had problems lately. Hope it works for you, and if you have any questions/issues just leave me a comment.

    also, i've just started working on a diablo 3 theme, so for those of you interested check it out on prethemer "Diablo III ::Ender::"

    peace
    -Ender

    --sent from my palm pre, *****es
  3.    #83  
    PS: sticky me!
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Endersama View Post
    Hey all! Thanks for all the thank you. It's nice to see others value my work around as much as I do. My pre had been out of commission for a while, but my new one just shipped in I've updated this thread with instructions that work as of patch 1.4.1 as I see many of you have had problems lately. Hope it works for you, and if you have any questions/issues just leave me a comment.

    also, i've just started working on a diablo 3 theme, so for those of you interested check it out on prethemer "Diablo III ::Ender::"

    peace
    -Ender

    --sent from my palm pre, *****es
    Do you know whether this will solve my issues stated above about the EVDO dropping completely and only 1x working after a certain length of time or amount of data usage?
  5. #85  
    That sucks...This is only for Alltel in arizona lol...i dont even think we have alltel towers in NY. Can someone find on for verizon? lol
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    That sucks...This is only for Alltel in arizona lol...i dont even think we have alltel towers in NY. Can someone find on for verizon? lol
    It's not just Arizona, it's nationwide. Good luck.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    It's not just Arizona, it's nationwide. Good luck.
    what he said, this works anywhere in the US
  8. #88  
    I'm having issues with the QPST 2.7 Build 323 link. Am I the only one?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy784 View Post
    I'm having issues with the QPST 2.7 Build 323 link. Am I the only one?
    I found a new link and updated it. Haven't tested the install yet... feel free to try it out and let me know how it goes
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Do you know whether this will solve my issues stated above about the EVDO dropping completely and only 1x working after a certain length of time or amount of data usage?
    Nope, it doesn't.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Endersama View Post
    I found a new link and updated it. Haven't tested the install yet... feel free to try it out and let me know how it goes
    Link works, thanks! I probably won't have time to install tonight. I'll let you know how is goes, when I do!
  12.    #92  
    I've never had problems with my connection dropping. It will, of course, change to 1x if you make a call or send a text... But that's normal.
  13.    #93  
    did you apply the new prl?
  14. #94  
    bumped, just for the heck of this I just now tried it (got bored)

    THIS WORKS FANTASTIC!!

    My RSSI data was -109 (unusable without an Airave) and EV drops in and out in my garage.

    Now I get -80 RSSI with this PRL...and the EVDO is MUCH faster on the phone.

    **I know there are other EV speed up connection hacks out there, but I suggest EVERYONE use this one.

    --I been reading up on the EVO thread on xda-developers where users are applying this prl as well, and states there is no roaming involved...only uses a different PRL.

    Anyone have this hack and can confirm there are NO roaming charges?
  15. #95  
    oh yes, to add: I no longer need an airave in my location with this simple prl update

    Note: I am located in Los Angeles area too..

    **WOW, you guys have to try this**

    My tether speeds here, tethering to PC. (never was able to get this speed before at this location)

    Last edited by trim81; 06/08/2010 at 05:38 AM.
  16. #96  
    here is the link to xda-developer where they are using this prl for the Sprint Evo:

    *techknowfile's* - Hack the HTC EVO - 3G w/o Sprint EVDO coverage! - xda-developers
  17. #97  
    After a certain amount of data usage, your EVDO will cut off completely and you will only have 1x from then on, because essentially you are using data while roaming. You will have to switch back to Sprint's PRL if you want to use EVDO again. I went through this on two phones.
  18. #98  
    hmm, how long is 'a certain amount' of time??

    also: from the xda-developer thread, the prl used is 40560 (something like that), different than the OP.

    do you think that makes a difference? The OP on the xda-developer site states he's been using the alltel prl for a year on his pre
  19. #99  
    @QuarlesLT also, did it have any affect on your bucket of anytime minutes and mobile-mobile?
  20. #100  
    They're using 40060, which is what I've tried, too. On the first phone it lasted a little over a week, with the second phone only a couple of days. It didn't have any effect on minutes or mobile-to-mobile.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions