Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well I doctored back to 1.2 and 1.3.5 and still no luck, so I don't think 1.4 is the problem. Now that I think about it more, I think My Tether may have screwed up my phone, as I believe I had USB tethering enabled when the EVDO went out. I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow. I hope it's in good condition because the one I have now is almost perfect!
    I'm starting to think sprint is doing it in purpose bc I been checking the debug hash code in the phone and when I loose evdo it's bc I'm not getting an IP assigned to me but the connection to the evdo tower it's still present and in working order the only thing is that my assigned ip is 0.0.0.0
    Quote Originally Posted by linksocc View Post
    I'm starting to think sprint is doing it in purpose bc I been checking the debug hash code in the phone and when I loose evdo it's bc I'm not getting an IP assigned to me but the connection to the evdo tower it's still present and in working order the only thing is that my assigned ip is 0.0.0.0
    Same here, but it still seems to work if I use a Sprint PRL.
    yeah but I modified my sprint prl to change the priority of the alltel sid for my area and move it up and it's the same thing. Maybe sprint doesn't want us roaming a lot anymore, but they don't send termination letters bc they need the customers rellay bad and just won't let us connect to the evdo network from a sid that is not theirs.
    yeah but I modified my sprint prl to change the priority of the alltel sid for my area and move it up and it's the same thing. Maybe sprint doesn't want us roaming a lot anymore, but they don't send termination letters bc they need the customers rellay bad and just won't let us connect to the evdo network from a sid that is not theirs.
    Lame!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Lame!
    I know, the only thing that might help is if someone can make a patch or app that switches from hybrid EVDO to 1X only, that helps when you don't get evdo you can fall back back to 1x easily, bc 1x roaming never fails.
    I know, the only thing that might help is if someone can make a patch or app that switches from hybrid EVDO to 1X only, that helps when you don't get evdo you can fall back back to 1x easily, bc 1x roaming never fails.
    Yeah, but it's weird since if I set my phone to automatic on the Sprint PRL, whenever it roams on Alltel by itself it will still use EVDO.
    Yeah, but it's weird since if I set my phone to automatic on the Sprint PRL, whenever it roams on Alltel by itself it will still use EVDO.
    yeah I noticed that too but even roaming like that for an extended period of time leads to the phone being unable to connect, I work in a place that I have to roam like 9 hours a day and even with the original sprint prl it's the same.
    Well I got my replacement today and got the Alltel PRL 40060 loaded, and so far so good. I am worried about using it extensively and definitely tethering, though...
    QuarlesLT": are you using Alltel PRL on 1.4? or 1.3.51?
    Well I got my replacement today and got the Alltel PRL 40060 loaded, and so far so good. I am worried about using it extensively and definitely tethering, though...
    nice keep posting ur experienses
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    QuarlesLT": are you using Alltel PRL on 1.4? or 1.3.51?
    I'm using 1.4, and it's been two days. So far so good!
    Really!! No disconections or anything?
    nice keep posting ur experienses
    I bit the bullet and installed My Tether again last night. I couldn't help it! I've been using it wirelessly since then, and I am typing this while tethered now. I haven't tried USB tethering yet, because that's when my connection dropped last time. However, I noticed in QPST that there was a field in the "PPP Config" tab filled in that reminded me that I had accidentally erased that very same field on my old Pre! I wonder if that had something to do with it, but I do know that it had been days since erasing that field when the connection finally dropped. The field in question is "User ID" under the "Um" section of the "PPP Config" tab. Before ever working on the original Pre I stupidly didn't save a backup of the original settings. That was the first thing I did this time with the new Pre, heh.
    Really!! No disconections or anything?
    Nope! But since it's a different phone with a different MEID do you think it might take a while for Sprint to detect and disconnect it again? That's what I'm worried about, but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy streaming some music and watching TV shows, LOL. If I end up having to use the Sprint PRL again, so be it. I guess....
  16. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I wanna play too!!!!...guess I'll have to throw a 32bit machine together, unless someone has came up with 64bit drivers?
    Nope! But since it's a different phone with a different MEID do you think it might take a while for Sprint to detect and disconnect it again? That's what I'm worried about, but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy streaming some music and watching TV shows, LOL. If I end up having to use the Sprint PRL again, so be it. I guess....
    Sadly, I was correct. My EVDO went out again yesterday. Back to the Sprint PRL (and two bars at home) for me....
    I just moved from Flagstaff but go there often. This is hilarious to see the little mountain town mentioned on here. HA!

Also, I would roam on Alltel's EVDO occasionally...but I found the connection to have very high latency, about the same as the molasses-slow 1X Sprint connection. The bandwidth speed was fine, but response time was quite slow, so I stopped using it.
    So, have you figured out any solutions, yet? LOL
    So, have you figured out any solutions, yet? LOL
    Well, for now I got a verizon phone, but before that I called sprint and made up a story, I told them that I needed to roam and that my phone was disconecting a lot while "ocasionally" roaming, and they said they would look into it, and what do you know, I was cruising on evdo for a week before I permanently moved to verizon. And my headaches are now over, but I bet they'll come back when I get my new bill
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast