Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    No EV here in central Alabama before this little jewel came up and I thought I would give it a try, you never know... Man, EV coverage is great now, 1up to you dude, awesome find, you da man!

Just a note, I had ZERO EV coverage in my city, now Its perfect, on occasion it will drop off in odd areas but VERY rare! To all you without EV this is worth a try!
    Last edited by MrRacer; 12/04/2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Note added
  2.    #42  
    I apologize for not responding to questions. My finals are next week so I've been busy. I'm happy to see that my solution is working for you all... The manager of my sprint store saw the evdo icon and flipped. 20 minutes later I had his pre running evdo too :P

yes I meant to say device manager, thanks for pointing that out.

also, were you saying the link in my original post weren't working or that jonathan's were't
    I just installed great fix. No evdo here in Las Cruces but this works fine. I know it hasn't been a billing cycle yet but anybody get flagged for roaming too much
    awesome. i would have 1 bar at home now i have all 5 bars. in jacksonville, fl.
    I was wondering if the op or anybody else knew if it was possible to set up the priority as follows: sprint evdo, alltel evdo, sprint 1ŚRTT, verizon 1ŚRTT, and all other roaming options. Just wondering if it was possible. This in my opinion would work better if you travel to an area with sprint evdo without having to update prl
    Sorry to bring this thread up but i've been using this fix for like a month and now it disconects me a lot but just restarting the phone fixes it but sometimes i have to do it a couple of times before it'll let me connect to evdo again. Does anybody know of a cleaner soution to achieve the same result?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Could this procedure be used to install any prl on a Pre?
    What program will open a .prl file for editing? I am interested in creating a custom prl.
    How can the normal prl (606xx) be reinstalled if desirable results are not obtained with this alltel prl?
    Works great out here in West Texas! Thanks a bunch man! It was really annoying not having 3G out here! You're a life saver! For some reason I didn't have to enable roaming, it just switched EV with no R next to it. I don't why but I'm not complaining.
    Hey guys, when I do step 3 from the OP I'm asked for an authorization code in the window that opens. I tried entering my MSL but it says the code is invalid. My MSL works in other windows like ##DATA#. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Hey guys, when I do step 3 from the OP I'm asked for an authorization code in the window that opens. I tried entering my MSL but it says the code is invalid. My MSL works in other windows like ##DATA#. Any help?
    Never mind, I figured it out!
    For the record has anyone actually tried a Verizon PRL to see what happens?
    Never mind, I figured it out!
    What did you do to get past the authorization code? I tried my msl and it says its invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgubler View Post
    What did you do to get past the authorization code? I tried my msl and it says its invalid.
    If you have Preware or webOS Quick Install, search for the USB Passthrough patch. I forget the exact wording of the name, but hope that helps!
    Has the 1.4 update broke this for anyone? I think it has for me, the EVDO drops constantly for me but mostly doesn't connect at all.
    in step 5 how do i open "qcmdm.inf" ?
    Has the 1.4 update broke this for anyone? I think it has for me, the EVDO drops constantly for me but mostly doesn't connect at all.
    I'm in the same boat as you have you been able to solve it yet? I don't want to have to go back to 1x if I don't have to
    No luck yet, I would go back to 1.3.5 but there was a bug from 1.1 to 1.3.5 that caused my EV to randomly disappear/reappear too. In 1.4 everything was fine again for a while until it disappeared when I was using My Tether, but I'm not sure if that had something to do with it or not. I tried the 1.4 doctor, no luck there. I may try doctoring to 1.3.5 then update to 1.4 again, but I doubt that'll work either. Then lastly I will doctor to 1.1 or 1.2 (since they completely wipe the phone to factory state) because I have messed with a lot of files trying to pinpoint the problem. However I will NOT sign into my Palm Profile since it may screw up my contacts/app data, just doctor then doctor again to at least 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    in step 5 how do i open "qcmdm.inf" ?
    Right click the file then click "Edit".
    ok this the part thats tripping me up ----

-
    1. done
    2. done
    3. done
    4. Connect to your PC via your usb cord. done

----- here----------
    5. Open "qcmdm.inf" in a text editor (notepad) and change the "%PreModem%" (under [Models]) from Rev_0216 to Rev_0316. Save the file and close.
    6. Open "qcser.inf" in a text editor and change the "%PreDiag01%" (under [QcomSerialPort]) from Rev_0216 to Rev_0316. Save the file and close.

okay nothing comes up and i cant locate these files should there be a prompt coming up, do i just create these or where do I locae them?
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    ok this the part thats tripping me up ----

-
    1. done
    2. done
    3. done
    4. Connect to your PC via your usb cord. done

----- here----------
    5. Open "qcmdm.inf" in a text editor (notepad) and change the "%PreModem%" (under [Models]) from Rev_0216 to Rev_0316. Save the file and close.
    6. Open "qcser.inf" in a text editor and change the "%PreDiag01%" (under [QcomSerialPort]) from Rev_0216 to Rev_0316. Save the file and close.

okay nothing comes up and i cant locate these files should there be a prompt coming up, do i just create these or where do I locae them?
    Did you download Beezle's Diag Drivers from the first post? That INF is located in the driver zip folder.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast