Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I appreciate your input

switching back and forth was definitely a pain in the ***. Once I found out about the evdo only thing I knew there had to be a way to get dual-band hybrid with them.
    Scenario:
    Default Hybrid Rev A = Sprint 1x
    "Roam Only" app = roaming 1x (with "R" symbol"
    "EVDO only" setting = Roaming EvDO, no 1x = no phone calls or text messages

Cause: Sprint's Preferred Roaming List (PRL) was setup in this order:
    Sprint EvDO
    Sprint 1x
    (roaming)Verizon 1x
    (technically roaming)Alltel (towers) EvDO

The only problem with your solution is it only helps while in your apartment. Im hardly ever at home, and I still wanted to be able to get full evdo AND full phone support simultaneously (and everywhere).

Quick note: I notice now that when making a call i have to dial a 10 digit number (area code mandatory) for local calls. My area code is 623, and while 10 digit local is common some places im pretty sure its not in arizona... Ill look more into it and find out why my solution may cause it
    Quote Originally Posted by Endersama View Post
    Open up the 2 .inf files.

Next to where it says "palm pre" will be something that says "rev_0216". Change every 0216 to 0316 and save the files. Then when you go through the device manager there will be 2 unknown devices (i don't remember off the top of my head what they are...). Select one, update the drivers, choose the location folder, and then it should find the correct driver in that folder w/o any problem.

let me know how it goes
    thanks ender...

but for some reason i have 3 .inf files, can you read your pm and email me the link of whatever you have so i can try this again. i have several different drivers from different websites.

also the 2 unknowns are
    -generic serial
    -reduced CDC
    I appreciate your input

switching back and forth was definitely a pain in the ***. Once I found out about the evdo only thing I knew there had to be a way to get dual-band hybrid with them.
    Scenario:
    Default Hybrid Rev A = Sprint 1x
    "Roam Only" app = roaming 1x (with "R" symbol"
    "EVDO only" setting = Roaming EvDO, no 1x = no phone calls or text messages

Cause: Sprint's Preferred Roaming List (PRL) was setup in this order:
    Sprint EvDO
    Sprint 1x
    (roaming)Verizon 1x
    (technically roaming)Alltel (towers) EvDO

The only problem with your solution is it only helps while in your apartment. Im hardly ever at home, and I still wanted to be able to get full evdo AND full phone support simultaneously (and everywhere).

Quick note: I notice now that when making a call i have to dial a 10 digit number (area code mandatory) for local calls. My area code is 623, and while 10 digit local is common some places im pretty sure its not in arizona... Ill look more into it and find out why my solution may cause it
    ah... now this is what i know from working for sprint for 5 years. PCS is more able to determine area code whereever the tower is located and thats only from far memory because its the same with t-mobile when i had them like 7 or 8 years ago(geez time flies!!). verizon and att are cellular technology and are based on nationwide network. i may be wrong though
  4.    #24  
    ah... now this is what i know from working for sprint for 5 years. PCS is more able to determine area code whereever the tower is located and thats only from far memory because its the same with t-mobile when i had them like 7 or 8 years ago(geez time flies!!). verizon and att are cellular technology and are based on nationwide network. i may be wrong though
    so the fact that my location appears in all searches as a state half the country away would certainly verify that.
    Last edited by Endersama; 11/26/2009 at 12:39 AM.
    lol i wish mine showed up a state away... mines shows other side of the country. let me guess, Nevada or California(i forget which one it is)?
    This is not working with 64 bit computers.... Can we get a fix for 64 bit!?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    This is not working with 64 bit computers.... Can we get a fix for 64 bit!?
    Hey, can you please post the full error you receive when attempting to install? Also, if you open up the event viewer you might be able to get more information as well. Could be a problem with 64 bit, or just another random setting.

Quick thoughts that my or may not be relevant:
    Do you have novacom installed and running?
    Do you have developer mode turned on?
    Windows 7 or Vista?
    Last edited by Endersama; 11/26/2009 at 03:09 AM.
    Hey, can you please post the full error you receive when attempting to install? Also, if you open up the event viewer you might be able to get more information as well. Could be a problem with 64 bit, or just another random setting.
    no prob... check you email...
  9.    #29  
    http://www.network-serial-port.com/n...l-port-kit.msi
    Download it. Install it. Setup a Virtual COM port. ???. Profit

I dont have 64 bit, nor did i find actual definite solutions online (beezle never made 64-bit drivers). But from what i was able to learn for researching, a program like this should allow you to setup a com port to the pre with 64-bit. after its setup you should then be able to see it through qpst
    yeah this definatly didnt work. its not the port is the drivers
    does this still run on sprint too? or is it just alltel now?
  12.    #32  
    does this still run on sprint too? or is it just alltel now?
    It still works with sprint, but it puts priority on alltel EvDO towers.

Connects to alltel, verizon, and sprint (then all others by roaming)
    Is it in that order or how does this work? So if I know someone with alltel that has full service in one area and I dont have it there, would I get it there now?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pick_up_the_pace_kid View Post
    Is it in that order or how does this work? So if I know someone with alltel that has full service in one area and I dont have it there, would I get it there now?
    Yes. I listed above the order (a page back maybe).

It will connect to alltell evdo before sprint evdo. So if both are present alltel will be what connects, but if you don't have sprint evdo in your area this is a good thing. If there is no alltel evdo in your area you will connect to sprint's evdo.

Also, if you are ever in a place with both but you want to connect to sprint you can always go through your phones preferences and update the PRL. This will essentially undo the hack and put you back on sprints PRL.
    I don't get it. There is no more Alltel, at least in our area. All Alltel is now Verizon. Are you saying their towers, which were switched a few weeks ago, are continuing to transmit EVDO even though there are no Alltel customers anymore?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    4. Connect to your PC via your usb cord.
    - Tries to install drivers soon as I plug in. What drivers ? I have the 800w file unzipped. I point to it but does nothing.

5. Open "qcmdm.inf" in a text editor (notepad) and change the "%PreModem%" (under [Models]) from Rev_0216 to Rev_0316. Save the file and close.
    - Not seeing %premodem% anything . . .
    Models]
    %CentroButton1% = Modem2, USB\VID_05C6&PID_3197&MI_00
    %CentroDiagUpst% = Modem2, USB\VID_0830&PID_0077&MI_00
    %Treo800wDiag01% = Modem2, USB\VID_0830&PID_00A2&MI_00
    %HTCVogueDiag% = Modem2, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0B03&MI_00

6. Open "qcser.inf" in a text editor and change the "%PreDiag01%" (under [QcomSerialPort]) from Rev_0216 to Rev_0316. Save the file and close.
    - Not seeing "%PreDiag01%"

[QcomSerialPort]
    %CentroButton1% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_05C6&PID_3197&MI_01
    %CentroDiagUpst% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_0830&PID_0077&MI_01
    %Treo800wDiag01% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_0830&PID_00A2&MI_01
    %Treo800wDiag02% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_0830&PID_00A2&MI_02
    %HTCVogueDiag% = QportInstall00, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0B03&MI_01

7. Open task manager>select unidentified "Generic Serial" device and update driver (install from specific location).
    - I'm guessing you mean "Device Manager" ?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    This links file is missing the %PreModem% = Modem2, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8003&Rev_0216&MI_00
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Spoke too soon, used incorrect file oosted by jonathanlc2005
    MassMirror.com - CentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar

800w drivers
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Took two seconds after getting the correct files. So far so good. Had my roomy text and call me to make sure I hadn't messed anything up. Restarted the phone to check that the settings took. Looks good ! Priceless ! Awesome fix !
    Mine seems to get better battery life now.. I have gone a whole day and im at 75%. making a couple of calls, texting all day and internet..
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast